scandalously late Edition for Saturdays' Question of the day Sept. 24, 22

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
So very sorry, guys. Severe flaring, recovering from the trip to the painful clinic, blah, blah.

Let's pretend the Concorde still existed and we all had about 5 mill to throw around

Where would you go next weekend? Would you take someone wih you? Would it be the beach, mountains, the woods, camping 5 star hotel?

I would go to Wales to pick up my sis, V verna davies and find a way to get to the south of France where we dont; have to fly. Then we would buy a cottage,for future use.

What about you?

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even pretending to fly would have me breaking out in hives,so that's truly out of the question.But,since I'd have 5 mil to throw around,I'd find a place in eastern North Carolina,that was a respectable distance from the ocean so we could drive there from our new place,and with all that extra money,when it's not hurricaning we could go stay at a nice hotel for a week or so close to the Outer Banks.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Norway, for sure. Although going to Norway the week before I have an actual vacation planned, might be a bit much. Maybe I could also extend my stay in Boston and Salem (which is where I'm going in a couple weeks) and then do a lot of day trips in New England.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m not sure I’d want to travel anywhere. I got my travelling done decades ago. But 5 million ... I’d love to be financially secure for the rest of my life. I don’t know that I’d even want to buy a house and largish block of land; that’s no guarantee of being free of the neighbours from hell, as I know from painful experience. Knowing I could always afford the rent where I am, afford whatever level of care my mother needs, and not have to worry, would be the trip of a lifetime.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even pretending to fly would have me breaking out in hives,so that's truly out of the question.But,since I'd have 5 mil to throw around,I'd find a place in eastern North Carolina,that was a respectable distance from the ocean so we could drive there from our new place,and with all that extra money,when it's not hurricaning we could go stay at a nice hotel for a week or so close to the Outer Banks.
You could make that trip to Cresco finally. lol

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If I had 5 million and left next weekend with no deadline to be back, I'd pack up my pets and close family, buy the biggest and most awesome RV ever, and just slowly cruise the country with no particular destination in mind. I've always thought that would be such a cool way to retire. Park it in a town you like for awhile, by-pass the towns that don't interest, and maybe find somewhere you'd like to just stay and call home. Plus, how cool would it be to be able to drive your entire kitchen to the grocery store? Unpacking groceries would be so easy!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Sorry you've been so ill Mia. I hope things are on the mend :hugs:

I’m not sure I’d want to travel anywhere. I got my travelling done decades ago.
Spoken like a true Australian :lol: So many of us 'saw the world' in our youth. It's almost a rite of passage. :)

I'd go to a really beautiful health retreat with a friend and stay there till we were both all glowy and wonderful. :biggrin:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't even have to think about this question - I'd zoom off to the UK where my daughter is studying, buy a row house nearby and enjoy all the sights which would include a walk to my favorite coffee cafe for a flat white.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spoken like a true Australian :lol: So many of us 'saw the world' in our youth. It's almost a rite of passage. :)
I wasn’t even one of those world-travelling backpacking youngsters! I went to France and Britain with my mum. We burned our long service leave doing it. I’ve been back to Britain alone and to the US to visit friends, and Hobart to see the place. I’m all travelled out! :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
If I had 5 million and left next weekend with no deadline to be back, I'd pack up my pets and close family, buy the biggest and most awesome RV ever, and just slowly cruise the country with no particular destination in mind. I've always thought that would be such a cool way to retire. Park it in a town you like for awhile, by-pass the towns that don't interest, and maybe find somewhere you'd like to just stay and call home. Plus, how cool would it be to be able to drive your entire kitchen to the grocery store? Unpacking groceries would be so easy!
Wowzah, I love your plan!!!