Scaley patch on my kitten

Shaynes001

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm trying to determine if this is ringworm. There is nothing on her head and we have had her about 4 months since adopting from the shelter. This appeared probably about a month ago and my daughter and I both have just developed these patches within the last week. It doesn't look like ringworm on the kitten but does on us

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! I would be willing to bet it is ringworm. Your vet might be able to determine that by seeing a pic, if they accept pics to look at. If so, the vet might prescribe the proper meds to treat it without having to take your kitten in for a vet visit. However, it is highly likely they will want to see her so they can perform a fungal culture of skin clippings, and/or a microscopic exam of a sample of her hair.

Here is an article about it and what you are faced with in terms of treating it - How to Recognize and Treat Ringworm in Cats.

• Purraise
Reactions: Jem

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like ringworm to me. Ringworm does not always present itself in the same way on a cat as in a human. I have rarely seen ringworm take on the perfect circular patch on a cat as it does on a human. In some cases it can look like "cigarette ash" as it seems to resemble on your kitty at the moment. It goes without saying, that a vet visit (and doc visit for you) are in order.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Shaynes001

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Looks like ringworm to me. Ringworm does not always present itself in the same way on a cat as in a human. I have rarely seen ringworm take on the perfect circular patch on a cat as it does on a human. In some cases it can look like "cigarette ash" as it seems to resemble on your kitty at the moment. It goes without saying, that a vet visit (and doc visit for you) are in order.
I know..... time to break out the lotriman and bleach. I have an appt in three hours

• Purraise

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck with the cleaning. I hear it can be a real pain, but we have a few threads on here about ringworm, you may be able to get some great advice on how to deal and keep up with the cleaning...
I hope it clears up quick!
:hangin:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Good luck with the cleaning. I hear it can be a real pain, but we have a few threads on here about ringworm, you may be able to get some great advice on how to deal and keep up with the cleaning...
I hope it clears up quick!
S Shaynes001 - The article I attached above might help with the cleaning - I'll just repost it here. The cleaning part is toward the end of the article. How to Recognize and Treat Ringworm in Cats

• Purraise