TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cats are indoor cats
I have two cats
the other one is just fine no problems at all
ive been raising since they were 3months old and they are now over 3 years old
they showed no allergy reaction to anything for those 3 years

but last night after feeding them , one of my cat had a scab/scratch over his eyes
like in the eyebrow place
I was worried but I didnt think much of it so I just hugged him to sleep

this morning nothing special happened until just now at noon he suddenly had another
big scab/scratch on his neck, right under the chin out of nowhere

I just paid rent and I dont have much money on me right now but im scared
if anyone has any ideas , it'd be much help.

I'll definitely take him to the vet next week (after I borrow or get my paycheck pulled early)
but I still wanted to post here since im too worried

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nml819

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just realized the typo in the title but I have no idea how to edit posts....
house cats oh gosh

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, i dont know what it is. Could they be fighting, even if play and hurting each other? Could they be climbing into or under something and hurting themselves? Couches and recliners are notorious for this? Thats something i would look into, almost looks like he got his face and chin caught under or in something?

But a vet visit when you can is a very good idea if you dont figure out a simple reason. Or if it looks worse, spreading or more spots.

Keep us updated!

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
My guess is ringworm, which is contagious to pets and people, keep an eye on the other cat, keep area and bedding clean, use gloves if you touch sores

nml819

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well, i dont know what it is. Could they be fighting, even if play and hurting each other? Could they be climbing into or under something and hurting themselves? Couches and recliners are notorious for this? Thats something i would look into, almost looks like he got his face and chin caught under or in something?

But a vet visit when you can is a very good idea if you dont figure out a simple reason. Or if it looks worse, spreading or more spots.

Keep us updated!
I did call for an appointment but they are all booked until the 7th of July

nml819

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My guess is ringworm, which is contagious to pets and people, keep an eye on the other cat, keep area and bedding clean, use gloves if you touch sores
I did google about ringworm on google after your response and it does look similar, thank you for the response

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i dont know about the ringworm, i have never had it, thank goodness. my girl did have a problem with chin acne one time. the vet recommended a shampoo, he said it would clear up her acne, and mentioned that its what he recommends to use for cats with ringworm as well. he said the active ingredient Ketoconazole is what works for ring worm or other fungal infections. so if you can find a cat shampoo at your local pet store, or order this one with this in it it might help? but i would get that vet appointment to be sure.

Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Antiseptic & Antifungal Shampoo