Scab between the claws

Szabo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone.

I need some advice as I am a bit oversensitive about cat health myself. Yesterday while clipping my cat's claws I noticed that she has a small scab between her toes. In addition, this part above the claw is slightly pinkish. The cat is not limping and is behaving normally.
My problem is that I am leaving tomorrow for a week's holiday and my girlfriend's brother will be staying with the cats, who is only supposed to feed them and clean the cat's litter tray. I'm not quite sure what to do, I'm very keen on this trip and I don't know if I should cancel it or maybe just go and see if it's better or worse on my return and then possibly go to the vet. What do you guys think?
Screenshot_20220805-070032~2.png
Screenshot_20220805-070502~2.png

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!

Would you be able to talk to your vet about this, since they'd be able to tell you what to do regarding any treatment, timing of said treatment in conjunction with your trip, etc?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Szabo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It can be problematic without an appointment today 🙄

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This isn't to replace a vet visit but if you have unflavored German chamomile tea (store bought), brew some, cool it and apply it. The tea is antifungal, anti bacterial, will ease any discomfort and is safe if she licks it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Szabo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I cleaned the little scab with Octenisept before work and when I got home it seems ok. It's not wet and I can't see any pus. I hope she won't lick it excessively 🙈 I have spoken to my brother-in-law, he will keep an eye on her. In case something happens, he is to let me know, then I will try to arrange a vet for a home visit.