Saw this guy...

catbehaviors

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Walking his cat at the park yesterday. It was amazing- exactly what I want to achieve with Wessie! The cat was happily walking along in front of him, practically like a dog. He had only been walking his cat for a month. I actually saw him on what I believe was their first walk. When we came along, the cat cowered under a tree, and didn't look like it was enjoying it at all. Definitely proves how far you can come!

The only problem is that Wessie is a bit of a "scaredy cat", I'm going to have to get him better socialized! :lol3:

nerdrock

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There's a lady around here that walks her big persian type cat around on a leash. It's very friendly and will walk right up to, and play with, dogs. She does move onto someone's lawn when someone walking a dog approaches and if it's friendly that's when they meet. Both the cat and the lady are very nice, we usually chat with her when we run across her for about 1/2 hour. 

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My sil's cats are all leash trained.  None of them like a leash, but they know that's the only way they can go outside.  So they tolerate.