Saw the funniest thing on the weekend

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH and I have been giggling about it since.

We were up in wine country, and needed to get petrol, so pulled into a little petrol station, and tried to pump, but nothing was happening. There was a guy on the opposite side of the petrol pump also trying.

DH and the guy were fiddling around when they saw a sign on the door saying they were closed down.

So we were getting ready to drive off when we heard this big TWANNNNNNNG! And saw a petrol hose go flying. We had friends in the car, and we were all

We looked around, and realised the SUV had driven off with the petrol nozzle still in the car

He was at the other end of the gas station with the nozzle end hanging out of the car, and the rest back at the bowser.

We were all killing ourselves laughing. He didn't do any damage to his car, and there was no petrol flowing, so no harm was done. I've never seen that done before, and oh man was it funny.

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
LOL! I bet that guy wanted to go crawl in a ditch and die from embarrassment!

The funniest thing I've seen was when I was driving home from work on the interstate. There was traffic and construction going on. They had the concrete barriers up and the car in front of me all the sudden scrapped the side of it so badly their passenger tire went up on the wall. Sparks and smoke were everywhere! They were of course talking on their cell phone!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LOL I have seen that happen too!
A woman left the petrol nozzle in her SUV and drove off - luckily the hoses are designed so that if someone does that, they can easily be snapped back on.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bless his heart, it's lucky he didn't have friends in the car, or he'd have never lived it down.

oodlesofpoodles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is too funny. People need to pay more attention to what their doing...take me for instance...im always tripping in public. LMAO