Saw cats pink penis!!!!!

Peblu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My British short hair male unnetuured 7 months old, very affectionate, sat beside me after rubbing his head on my hand, saw his pink penis exposed with clear discharge at the tip.
I googled like mad, never ever seen a cats penis before! Am I right to think he’s just turned on by me because his female cat companion won’t give him anything. Or could he possibly have a urine infection?! He’s eating like normal
I’m panicking!

crystal dawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Don't panic. I'm sure your cat is okay. An infection is possible but he may of just been grooming himself down there as well. I have had a few male cats over my life and each one has had that. Observe him closely for a few days expecially in the litter box and if he seems like he's in pain, yowls or isn't eating, drinking or playing like normal a vet visit is required. It likely wouldn't hurt to get him checked out anyway for peace of mind if you can. Also try to look for irritation or signs that he's not well.
If you're worried about a UTI googling the symptoms so you know what to watch for in your cat may help.

PS none of my males had any infections but it's always good to watch for them so they can be treated quickly and properly so they don't get out of hand.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Peblu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is reminding you to get him neutered.
I’m planning on mating him with the female bsh, but she’s only 6 months old so he’s in heat. We’re keep big them separate at night. Until she’s older. But back to the question, I’ve never ever seen a cats pink penis exposed due to a bit of head petting!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Peblu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Don't panic. I'm sure your cat is okay. An infection is possible but he may of just been grooming himself down there as well. I have had a few male cats over my life and each one has had that. Observe him closely for a few days expecially in the litter box and if he seems like he's in pain, yowls or isn't eating, drinking or playing like normal a vet visit is required. It likely wouldn't hurt to get him checked out anyway for peace of mind if you can. Also try to look for irritation or signs that he's not well.
If you're worried about a UTI googling the symptoms so you know what to watch for in your cat may help.

PS none of my males had any infections but it's always good to watch for them so they can be treated quickly and properly so they don't get out of hand.
He’s been eating fine, drinking and playing so I’m hoping it’s just heat. And not anything SERIOUS. I will get him checked because seeing his exposed penis with clear discharge isn’t pleasant.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My rainbow kitty was a neutered male and his entire life it was visible everytime he groomed. Not largely noticable but he was a dark grey cat so the flash of pink was hard to miss if you were paying any attention when he was grooming. I actually thought it was weird when I noticed my current male didn't. :lol:

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My two guys are both neutered. One of them occasionally has an "exposure," while the other never does. It just seems to happen at awkward times, and there never has been any issues with his health.

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’m planning on mating him with the female bsh, but she’s only 6 months old so he’s in heat
He’s been eating fine, drinking and playing so I’m hoping it’s just heat.
Not sure if it's just a typo and you meant to say the female is in heat, but in case it isn't I just wanted to mention male cats (or male anything that I know of) don't actually have heats. The pheromones released by a female in heat is what arouses them, and they are practically always at the ready for a chance to mate regardless.

I don't know how experienced you are in breeding, but I hope you take all necessary precautions :)

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
From what you've said, this doesn't seem worrying, but if it does concern you, a vet will be the best way to go.

Your female could come on heat at any time now if she hasn't already, and just keeping them apart at night isn't going to stop her from getting pregnant. She's way too young for that... at 6 months she hasn't even finished growing. Please take care. Have you bred cats before?