Saving Milo.

Geralizze M.

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,

I started recuing ferals when I had my first cat back in 2014. I rescue ferals and either keep them or find them a good home. My most recent feral is a kitty named Milo who I decided to keep because I just couldn’t part with him.

I found him in a bush where he was meowing besides his mother’s dead body, who was sadly run over by a car :/.

Found him just in time before the storm!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so happy to read your post.:hellocomputer: Please keep rescuing! What you are doing is a great thing. I wish more people were rescuing. Sounds like Milo is very special to you. Thank goodness you found him. You saved his life! Thank you for being such a wonderful person! I will check back in on you so please update on you and Milo.:catrub:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Geralizze M.

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so happy to read your post.:hellocomputer: Please keep rescuing! What you are doing is a great thing. I wish more people were rescuing. Sounds like Milo is very special to you. Thank goodness you found him. You saved his life! Thank you for being such a wonderful person! I will check back in on you so please update on you and Milo.:catrub:
He became special to me the very same day I brought him home lol. He was so cuddly and playful even though he was weak. I took him to the vet and he said that Milo has roundworms. He put on some weight since I found him and he took all his medicine. He has a vet appointment on the 28th so hopefully they will have some good news regarding the worms he had.

This is how he looked when I found him:

And now he looks like this:

I have to be careful not to leave any electronics out as he seems to have an obsession with screens. Even now while I am typing this he is trying to get his paws on my ipad’s keyboard LOL.

I blame myself for feeding his obsession :lol:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a difference in the before and after pictures. You have saved Milo from starvation. The feeding obsession may be the fact that he was just not getting enough before and not anything you did. ( I have been accused of indulging with food but if they are not overweight or incorrectly nourished .... I feed well) That is a beautiful baby! What a face! Playing with electronics and interest in your screen sounds like an intelligent kitten. Just make sure to watch out for the cords to things. I have taken to encasing cords with something they can’t chew through. Either a section of PVC pipe for cords that I have to keep out at all times to heavy tape on things that are out temporarily. I lost a few charger cords to tech savvy kittens. Lol
I found a cat game for my phone that drives my kitties play crazy. It is cat catching mouse. Start this with kitty at your own risk. Milo will steal your pad! I am going to find that fish game! Love, love, love the video! Keep posting so we know how things go.:fish::hellocomputer:

Geralizze M.

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on the badge! You earned it. More pics of Milo here! The picture of Milo sitting on his bottom made me laugh! :flail:What a cutie. I see why he won your heart. :redheartpump:
Thank youuuuuu!!

He has been climbing all over me until he reaches my shoulder. He likes perching there for some reason lol

I am glad he chose me to be his caretaker lol
:lovecat2::purr::catrub:

Geralizze M.

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
View attachment 232660 Smart kitten! He chose well! I thought you might get a giggle out of this. Meet one of my recent feral rescues. This is Tortuga. She enjoys sitting on my head. I think I can say she is socialized now. Sort of. Lol :climbcat:
Lol What inspired her name? What Tortuga qualities does she have? Lol
She is adorable! She looks like she was attempting to groom you! :lol:

:cutecat::geekcat:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her Tortuga qualities? Ha! Opposite of a tortoise but she wins every race. Maybe I should have named her after the Hare instead of the Tortoise but calling “ here hare” almost sounded redundant! She is either curled up in a circle or all over me and running around. She literally ran into my life. All the above made me think of the story of the Tortoise and the hare. I thought Tortuga sounded better than Tortoise for a female name. Lol She is a very funny girl and she does love grooming me. Another special kitty that I hope will find a loving family. Parting with her is going to be very hard. She makes me laugh a lot!

Geralizze M.

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Her Tortuga qualities? Ha! Opposite of a tortoise but she wins every race. Maybe I should have named her after the Hare instead of the Tortoise but calling “ here hare” almost sounded redundant! She is either curled up in a circle or all over me and running around. She literally ran into my life. All the above made me think of the story of the Tortoise and the hare. I thought Tortuga sounded better than Tortoise for a female name. Lol She is a very funny girl and she does love grooming me. Another special kitty that I hope will find a loving family. Parting with her is going to be very hard. She makes me laugh a lot!
Did you find her recently? :O
I can imagine it would be very difficult to part with such a lovely cat!

Her name might be a bit misleading to the new owner lol. They might expect a very mellow cat who doesn't do anything but sleep :lol:

Liebre (Hare) sounds like it would be a name befitting of her :purr:
It is also one letter away from meaning freedom lol. (Libre-Free) :climbcat:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good choice. I give them all names but I do it knowing that some people who adopt them will want to give them a name they choose. I also give the “ kitty resume” that is a description of the kitty with personality traits, history, favorite pastimes, medical, hobbies, toys etc. They will be made aware of her love of sitting on heads and running around playing. Just meeting her should clue them in! Lol I also already have a kitty named Liberty. In fact she is roommate to Tortuga. ( funny you should mention Liberty) When choosing names for , nearing a hundred, in 7 months you choose what suits them when you meet them. Some do not stay here long before being adopted. Where I grew up she would have been called a tortoiseshell tabby but now they call them Merles. A lot has changed in my lifetime for the kitty world. Tortuga can also mean an Island off Florida. I currently have a cat named Goldiellcks and her three babies were named after Bears. Kodiak, Mountain Bear and Black Bear. I have a fluffy Blue Smoke named Duster , as she dusts everything with her feather tail. There is Banjo who sings, Whistle whose meow sounds like a whistle, Jazzy who dances when she walks. Eyesinhower who has giant gold eyes. Mittwo who has two white mottens. And more. I have adopted out a black and white spotted named Domino which the family changed to Oreo, a black kitty named Corvus, Greybird was changed to Tinkerbell. Up for adoption is Emoji who has marking like little emojis. The list goes on. My favorite was UFF which stood for unidentified flying feline. It fit and he responded to it. Three spotted kittens named Appaloosa, Dot and Polka. The gemstone kittens were Onyx, pearl, Coral and Garnet. I kind of watch what name kitty seems to like and respond to. I have to admit I am surprised by how many folks keep the names I give them. Lol New and original suggestions are welcomed as I continue rescues. I text you when I catch Elfie and siblings!

Geralizze M.

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Milo’s story:

A week ago I was making my way by foot to the mall to get gifts for mother's day. As usual, I passed by the Wells Fargo bank until something something stopped me in my tracks.
I looked to my right and saw a cat's flattened corpse and besides it, a tiny kitten.
It meowed besides it's mother's body and looked at me a few times.
I did not move for fear of startling it. The bushes were I had found them were besides a very busy street.

The kitten made his way into the bushes to hide as soon as I took a slow first step. I stopped and called my husband to see if we could at least take the kitten to a nearby animal shelter. His frail body looked as if it had not eaten in some time.

After trying for an hour and a half to catch him, I decided to head back and bring some food with me to lure him out. Me and my husband went back to the bushes to find it. Another 3 hours passed by and we were still unable to catch it.
We returned home feeling disappointed.

By late afternoon we decided to try again. After another hour the kitten stopped and allowed my husband to pet him. We took it back home with us just in time as the grey clouds were beginning to form.

As soon as the kitten arrived, it made itself very at home, much to my surprise!. There was another worry in our minds though; our in-laws have never been too fond of cats so we had just a couple of days to find it a good home.

It's now been over a week since we found him and we can't imagine how our lives would be without him.

Milo ended up winning not just my own heart, but my husband's and my in-laws.