Save your money on toys

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artyjill

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I started this thread and now l can't play with my kitten as she got out my front door 9 days ago. A carer l have must have left the door open as l have a lock that stays on till l speak with the person at the door and l let them in by pressing a button. Te worst thing is that she wasn't socialized and was very scared and l had got her to trust me but she wouldn't let me pick her up so its not going to be easy if someone walked near she would just run.

Have sent a picture of her.

Jilly

mollyblue

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful little fur-baby.  I  hope she comes home soon.  Do you have a pet carrier that you can put outside your door with some food in it for her?  Do you have neighbors who can  help you keep an eye out?  Our little Tati jumped from our second story balcony and went off on a grand adventure, but returned on her own a couple hours later while we were out looking for her.  We got home and there she was at our door.

artyjill

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thing is she will be hiding, l have told people and post man and window cleaner is looking out and l wrote notes about her and put them in the houses round here. No one will get near her, l had just got her to let me stroke her and just before it happened she was lying on my window sill and l was tickling her tummy. Have had food out and litter and a cat up the road was eating it. The way she went in the front of my apartment were she has never seen and she would not go in her carrier. I had to ask help from the cat protection to get her into the carrier when she went to be spayed. I am just hoping a miracle happens

Jilly

missycab

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, I hope she appears safe and quickly! Check out the neighbourhood, the roofs and trees. My Figaro once was lost for 3 days, the builders we had at the moment in our house left an opening and there he went. I placed posters all around the block (now you can also post on Facebook, like in the local newspaper Facebook page), and finally a neighbour told me she had seen a siamese on a roof, just around the corner. It was Figaro, and the owners of the house were away on holidays. So I climbed a little to get him, and that's how I rescued him.

mollyblue

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I understand. I didn't think our little Tati would find her way back either because when she jumped, my daughter went running after her and she was terrified and ran right off... but keep the faith... The world is a scary place, and she may come back.  Having the carrier, or a box with her scent would help her know she is in the right place... its too bad about the cat up the road eating her food.  It also poses a different problem for if she tries to come back and that other cat thinks it is protecting its territory, it could scare her off.

Prayers for you and your little one.

artyjill

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I  can't see her finding her way back as she went up the road were she has never been, if she had gone through the gardens l wouldn't be so worried as she saw the gardens every day through the windows. With her being so cared she will just run and no one will get close to her and the same if some one tried to get her to there home. She is on nearly every on-line lost cats websites, notes through every door, postman and window cleaner looking out for her. Cat protection are looking in my area and search UK.

Have got a box outside with my smell on and  a bed made of cardboard that she loved laying on  but l now do not think she will get to them as l think she has run for a long way and will have lost her direction.

I hope l am wrong and she comes home l really do,

Jilly

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Don't lose hope Jill.

She's a very distinctive looking cat. If anyone saw a long haired silver cat like that they would remember. She's very eye catching compared to other cats that might be around.

I hope someone spots her soon.

mollyblue

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Please do keep us posted.  I am anxious for good news that she is home safe and sound!

artyjill

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No news about Daisy. I am just going to paint a large poster on my bedroom window as an extra reminder. It fthe way she went,

Thanks for the email,

Jilly

plan

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

what is the cheese chaser?  I use the temptations mouse and the new friskies string treat thing, and they are always empty when I Get home so I know the cats play with them during the day.  Does the cheese chaser emit treats?
It's just  simple "track" toy with a small orange ball that can be batted around an outer ring, another ball on an inside ring, and a flexible pole in the center with a toy mouse attached to the top. A few months ago was my cat's 1st birthday, and when I looked on amazon it was the highest rated cat toy, with a lot of good reviews from people saying that their cats love playing with it, and that it keeps their interest in the long run.

Well, that has definitely been my experience as well. I gave him the Cheese Chaser and he played with it for about two hours that night. Months later, he still plays with it regularly, and the best part is that he plays with it by himself at night if he's not ready to sleep yet. It really keeps him occupied and he doesn't try to wake me up. 

Thing is she will be hiding, l have told people and post man and window cleaner is looking out and l wrote notes about her and put them in the houses round here. No one will get near her, l had just got her to let me stroke her and just before it happened she was lying on my window sill and l was tickling her tummy. Have had food out and litter and a cat up the road was eating it. The way she went in the front of my apartment were she has never seen and she would not go in her carrier. I had to ask help from the cat protection to get her into the carrier when she went to be spayed. I am just hoping a miracle happens

Jilly
Good luck.I know it's been a few days but are you out looking for her and calling out to her? My cat got out once out of curiosity, and when I found him I called out to him and he came running to me...I think he realized pretty quickly that he got more than he bargained for, and that actually bring outside with so many things going on is different than watching it all from the safety of his perch.

Was your cat a stray to begin with? If so, any idea where she might be getting food elsewhere? Maybe a neighbor is feeding her without knowing she has a home.

Good luck, I hope you find her

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boys (both 16 months old) play with many of the things already mentioned here. But, there are a few that I didn't see ...

1. A plastic Christmas tree ornament! Yes, they swiped one off the tree last Christmas and I didn't find it until after the holidays were over hidden behind the couch. I just looked over and there it is right now - under the dining room table! They love the sound clattering it makes while banging it around on the kitchen floor.

2. A knotted shoestring and/or rope. It started out with an old shoestring. It was about three feet long, so I put a bunch of slip-knots down it and tied off the ends. (It looks like a daisy chain). It's now more manageable at about 10 inches. They fought over it so much that I made another one out of hemp.

3. Something my Mom always had for her cats: Take a large piece of aluminum foil and wad it into a tight ball. As you are wadding it up, wind the end of a long piece or cord or hemp rope around it and embed it into the ball, then hang the cord from a doorknob so the ball is about 4-6 inches off the floor. My boys will run past that thing and bat at it like they are playing tether-ball!

4. A plastic Easter egg with quarter in it! (any object inside it will do though as long as it's big enough to not become a choking hazard) LOL  They snatched one out of the basket and played with it until they mangled it to the point it wouldn't stay together anymore. Always next year!

5. Popcicle sticks. Right now I believe I have two 'hidden' under the rug in the kitchen. Keeker especially loves them. He will walk around with one in his mouth like it is a t-bone steak! If I try to take it from him, he gives a low guteral growl and backs away!

6. Q-Tips! One night I was watching TV and saw Kricket playing with something out of the corner of my eye. With closer investigation I realized he had a Q-Tip! I thought he stole it from the trash can in the bathroom. I tossed it in the kitchen trash and told him to stay out of the bathroom. About 10 minutes later, I saw him with about 6 Q-Tips in the hallway. 

I went on a search to see where he was getting them from and, to my surprise, I found Keeker sitting on the bathroom counter with one foot in the medicine cabinet. He was grabbing out Q-Tips left and right and tossing them down to Kricket! 

7. An empty plastic soda bottle with a few pennies in it! They love the noise it makes and they can see the coins moving inside when they roll it around. 

8. Ping-pong balls! We have a few now that have dents in them and the boys can easily grab them with their paws and toss them. 

Be very careful to bury the twist-ties from bread etc. deep in the trash! Cats love playing with them, but they can be dangerous! The wire is very thin and if your cat chews enough, small pieces can be broken off and swallowed! Not to mention the danger of the wire poking their mouths.

artyjill

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes l am out calling, only thing is l cannot get to the garden side in a wheelchair but the lady next door is looking and calling.

, there is a photo below,

Jilly

mollyblue

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
@plan thanks, I will check it out.  I have seen similar toys like a ring with a ball in it, and I figured the cats would get bored quickly... but I guess we will give it a go.  Why not?  they have every other toy!

Houseflies have become a new favorite of our ragdoll, and dog gone it she actually catches them!