Saturday's Question of the Day - March 15

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Simple question!

Do you like eggs? If so, how do you like them?

I like mine either scrambled, or over medium. Scrambled if I am eating it with "dry" items, usually sandwich. Over medium (slightly thick oozing yolk) if I put it in, say, noodles or if I need some extra flavoring in a "bland" meal like bean burrito.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I love eggs however they're cooked, but suppose my favorite is hardboiled eggs made into egg salad and served on rye bread.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Oddly, I love fried eggs with fried brown rice... I did it once when it was all I had in the house for a meal and ended up loving it.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eggs are a wonderful and cheap source of protein.  I recently tried "eggs and tomatoes" which is a common Asian breakfast and my gosh that awesome!  I need to pick up eggs soon (cat food making time) and you've reminded me to get some tomatoes too. 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We eat eggs, not just for breakfast, but I'll often make "breakfast for dinner" and we'll have omelets with roasted potatoes for dinner. I'll eat eggs any style, but probably most often in omelets. For some reason, it took me years to figure out how to make the perfect (for me) omelet. Now that I can do it, I like to make them.

Our son used to love Windowpanes. Butter both sides of a nice, thick piece of sourdough bread (any bread will do, but we like sourdough the best). Cut the center out of the bread. Toast the bread in a buttered frying pan. Then crack open one egg into the "hole" of the bread. Continue to cook until the egg is to your liking. Our son liked it as a dippy egg and I would toast the center that I had cut out of the bread, too, so that he could dip that into his egg. They're also called Eggs in the Nest and other names.  They are really good that way and I would make them in the morning for him sometimes when I was off work that day. When we go down to see the grandchildren and we get there early enough to have breakfast with them, the kids will want me to make them Windowpanes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our son used to love Windowpanes. Butter both sides of a nice, thick piece of sourdough bread (any bread will do, but we like sourdough the best). Cut the center out of the bread. Toast the bread in a buttered frying pan. Then crack open one egg into the "hole" of the bread. Continue to cook until the egg is to your liking. Our son liked it as a dippy egg and I would toast the center that I had cut out of the bread, too, so that he could dip that into his egg. They're also called Eggs in the Nest and other names.  They are really good that way and I would make them in the morning for him sometimes when I was off work that day. When we go down to see the grandchildren and we get there early enough to have breakfast with them, the kids will want me to make them Windowpanes.
I need to try this! The Denny's across the street makes this as part of their "unofficial" menu, with crumbled sausage thrown in. This sounds mouth watering.

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eggs over easy, cheese omelette, and my favorite - eggs benedict. That's my special treat when we go on a cruise!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love over easy eggs. I usually end up ordering scrambled if we go out for breakfast because that's how my daughter likes them. 

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
l sometimes like them, other times, ugh!

l like omelets, but prefer the English style fluffy beaten ones to the Canadian flat ones.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love them fried in bacon grease  or scrambled.  They have to be hot as hate cold eggs/salads

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eggs eggs eggs. I love them especially with a runny yoke. Eggs benedict I've had once and I could have cried for the sheer delight. They were soooooo gooooood.
I eat fried eggs sunny side up. Yum. But I eat all eggy things.

happybird

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I get a craving for eggs about once a week. My very favorite eggs are scrambled, with a little bit of onion, lots of spinach, cheddar, and either ham chunks or half of a crushed Amy's Spicy Black Bean Burger. Yum. With Cholula on the side and toast with butter and strawberry jam. And coffee. I think I know what we are having for dinner ...

Last edited:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Eggs. We get them from the neighbor who has chickens. They are so fresh and wonderful. The yolks are almost orange. He has some hens who lay eggs with green shells. I like them best when my husband cooks breakfast and whatever way he makes the eggs is okay.:lol3:

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eggs. We get them from the neighbor who has chickens. They are so fresh and wonderful. The yolks are almost orange. He has some hens who lay eggs with green shells. I like them best when my husband cooks breakfast and whatever way he makes the eggs is okay.
I miss my chickens (used to have a small farm in middle GA).  I remember those wonderful orange yolks.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We used to have an egg farm where the hens regularly laid double-yolked eggs. Biggest eggs ever and each one always had two yolks....we used to wonder how the chickens managed to lay those things. I bought my eggs from there for years (one dozen eggs every week....we had an Alaskan Malemute and he got a double-yolked egg mixed in with his food four times a week). The farm was right down the road from the house.