Saturday, August 23 - Question of the Day !

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:kitty3: Good day to everyone! Happy Caturday :kitty:!! :sun: Do you have a To Do/Errand list for today? What is the first "to do" on your list?

I have quite a list for today but the very first thing on mine is to stop at the vet's office to pick Henry's heart medications. Lots of errands after that and the temps are already reaching in the 80's. :sweat: Not liking this heat but can't complain because summer has been extremely mild thus far. SO - off to start my errand runs. :D :wavey:

Last edited:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
1. Pedicure (overdue!).  Not big on manicures anymore because they get ruined too fast.  But a good pedicure will last at least 6 weeks.  Might splurge on a "spa" treatment.

2. Grocery shopping. 

3. Rest 

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have to go to the pharmacy to pick up a couple of scripts, then we are going to KFC to order take-out, I've been yearning for it for a while  now.  The rest of the day is for relaxation.

alyssam

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My to do list starts at 7am most days, so by now I'm basically done. What's left though is laundry.

chromium blues

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
To do list?

Check on Oliver and give him his medication and fluids.

Find Montgomery's "accidents" and clean them up

Put Dr. Maggies on Noah's advantage reaction and stuff Winnifred full of Nutri-Cal

Feed the cats

Go to work!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH already took my car for regularly scheduled maintenance this morning.

My BFF's DD has a birthday party this afternoon that I usually make an appearance at; but I've had a lot go on this week and I really want a day to relax!!  BFF would understand; but I still feel bad for not wanting to go.  It doesn't help I forgot to order her present ahead of time.  

DH may mow the lawn today as well; but that's it.  My house is a mess; but I'm a stay-at-home mom so that can wait!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing to do today, it's a rare day, woo hoo!  All I have to do is make dinner this evening, marinate and grill some chicken thighs and zucchini, we have a ton of fresh veggies so probably a salad too.

Last edited:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first thing today was going to a mom to mom sale to try to find the last few things I need for the baby. I also went to Walmart to buy diapers and stuff to pack in my hospital bag so I can get that done this weekend and I have to do laundry (got one load started so far). We are going to check out the Harvest Fest going on here once Aimee gets up from her nap.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
 It doesn't help I forgot to order her present ahead of time.  
Thanks for this reminder otherwise I would have forgotten. :bigthumb: We have a 4 year old bday party to attend next Saturday !!!!! Yikes. I have yet to order his gift. I do hope you get in some time for yourself and relax. :lovegrin:

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I planned initially to go to Wal-Mart this morning when I got off work, but I decided to just get a few things at Winn Dixie instead.  I got home, started a chuck roast in the crock pot and went to bed.  Put a load in the dishwasher, and I've got a ton of laundry to get started as well.  I need to get some more things unpacked and put away now that repairs have been completed, but I'm just not feeling it.

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had to work today... as soon as I got home, I found out I'd been nominated for the ALS ice bucket challenge so I'm currently subtitling my video and tagging the people I've nominated while my hair dries.

I should also work on baby dragon and my portfolio. Not sure if the latter will get done today though...

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
as soon as I got home, I found out I'd been nominated for the ALS ice bucket challenge so I'm currently subtitling my video and tagging the people I've nominated while my hair dries. :lol3:  
:bigthumb: :cold: :lol3: :cold: it's all for the cause.... :cold: :bigthumb:

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And it's definitely a good cause! I don't quite understand these slactivist campaigns though. It's nice that for a minute you're going to be in mild discomfort to empathize for those who feel it constantly, but someone told me that getting nominated doesn't mean donating or getting sponsors... I said to her, "so then... you just splash yourself and say you did a good deed? I'm pretty sure that's not how it works". Unfortunately only one of my nominees followed through! One of the others had an excuse that she didn't have her credit card "with her". You don't have to donate the second I nominate you, but if you have the means (which I know she does - I picked people I knew had the means), donating would be a nice thing to do.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Unfortunately only one of my nominees followed through! One of the others had an excuse that she didn't have her credit card "with her". You don't have to donate the second I nominate you, but if you have the means (which I know she does - I picked people I knew had the means), donating would be a nice thing to do. :rolleyes2
:lol2: :lol3: I would have doused her with the ice anyway then. :bigwink: :lol2: Challenged.... No credit card, no donation??? Well, then.............. :cold: :cold: :lol3: :cold: :cold:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

And it's definitely a good cause! I don't quite understand these slactivist campaigns though. It's nice that for a minute you're going to be in mild discomfort to empathize for those who feel it constantly, but someone told me that getting nominated doesn't mean donating or getting sponsors... I said to her, "so then... you just splash yourself and say you did a good deed? I'm pretty sure that's not how it works". Unfortunately only one of my nominees followed through! One of the others had an excuse that she didn't have her credit card "with her". You don't have to donate the second I nominate you, but if you have the means (which I know she does - I picked people I knew had the means), donating would be a nice thing to do.
At least you nominated people who would be able to donate. My husband got nominated yesterday, he's really not the type of person to dump a bucket of ice water on his head and we don't have the money to donate. Our daughter turns 2 in a week, I'm 32 weeks pregnant so we are trying to get everything ready for baby and we only have one income. We make enough money to get by, but definitely don't have an extra $100 to donate. 

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

The problem I have with this particular "campaign" it it works by making people feel guilty if they do not want to be part of this "challenge".

Whatever happened to picking and choosing for yourself, what charities you want to donate your money (or time) to?  Nobody can support everything.  To me, it feels like being strong-armed into doing something.  If I want to send a donation somewhere, I don't need to have someone throw a bucket of ice water on me.

I'd be someone who ignores it also.  It just isn't one of the many charities I personally give to.  Not because I can't sympathize, just because it's not possible to do anymore than I already do - which is, fairly generous.

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^ This is true. I told the person who nominated me "you are honestly one of the handful of people that I would actually follow through for". Part of it was being a good sport to one of my oldest and closest friends, and another part of it was "I can spare a few bucks and I believe it's worth it". There are so many different causes and I do have a few that I primarily contribute to or volunteer for, but there are others that come and go as opportunistic donations where I may not do it on a regular basis, but if I'm reminded of a chance and am in a position to help, I will.

In the end, absolutely if you don't believe in the cause, don't have your heart in it, or don't feel strongly invested and feel your time or money would go better elsewhere, you'll prioritize other causes and bypass. I wouldn't seriously hold it against anyone personally for not participating. It's a summer trend that gained momentum because it's easily spread and it catches attention. Not to mention all the help it's gotten by spreading through celebrities all over the world.

The people on TCS seem to be much more giving than my current circle of friends, which is due to their laziness and indifference no matter how I try to get them involved (feigned interest, flaking last minute). I figure if I can't sponsor them to get them to join me in climbing 600-1200 stairs or staying up all night or other "fun" things for charity, taking a cool pre-shower on a hot day might be one of the easiest ways to dip their feet in the water contributing to something.
The friend who nominated me is also one of very few (the same few I would have followed through the ice bucket challenge for) who would come out and do fun charity things with me, so we kind of repaid each other the favour of joining in. It's always fun to have company.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At least you nominated people who would be able to donate. My husband got nominated yesterday, he's really not the type of person to dump a bucket of ice water on his head and we don't have the money to donate. Our daughter turns 2 in a week, I'm 32 weeks pregnant so we are trying to get everything ready for baby and we only have one income. We make enough money to get by, but definitely don't have an extra $100 to donate. 

The problem I have with this particular "campaign" it it works by making people feel guilty if they do not want to be part of this "challenge".
'To both of you above........... :hugs: and I agree completely. I am glad it is working for the charity but I, too, was challenged and said kindly no and did not donate either AND don't feel bad about it. I give to my own charities and do sort of feel this is a pressure charity. BUT - hey it is working. Still, I choose to give when I have the money to charities of my choice too. :bigthumb: