Sasha 2003-2017 (my Baby 2004-2017)

catmom1977

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I lost my baby Sasha today. I took her in yesterday for bleeding from what they said was a lacerated tongue. Since she had IBD/Lymphoma, I was relieved. This morning I woke up to find a lot more blood in the guest room. I took her in and they said she was dying. I can't believe my little tabby girl is gone. I had her for 13+ years. I buried her next to her "brother" who died last spring. Too much loss in one year.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sasha, dream you deep. Your pawprints are forever on your mama's heart.

I am so sorry. There are no words that will help just now, but for later...Love does not die. Never. It simply changes form, and continues on. You will desperately miss her physical presence, but stop and pay close attention in the still, silent times. You will feel her love with you still.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catmom1977

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you. :) She was adopted from the high-kill Downey Shelter in South Los Angeles County. She most likely was a young mother who had been left there as even at a year old (and 4 1/2 pounds) she had a hanging tummy. When they said they "were surprised she was still there", I adopted her. She was brave and full of spunk. She meowed and brought me socks as presents. She was a good girl and slept next to me every night.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so hard having sick kitties. We know they're going to leave us sooner than we'd like, but it's still such a shock when they go. You're in my thoughts. RIP, little Sasha. :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please accept my condolences, it hurts so very much to have them go, two in a year is almost unbearable. Even though the house will feel so very empty, too quiet, and so very lonely, know their tiny spirits will always be near. The bond that ties you together can never be taken from you, it is their gift to you and their thanks for sharing their lives and letting them into your heart.
Sasha was meant to be in your life, she gave you so much as her way of thanks, the socks she brought to you were a gift from the heart. But you gave her even more, you literally most likely saved her life. She went on to have 13 more years, a wonderful gift from you to her. You gave her everything she wanted in life, a warm home, companionship, and the love she wanted so much.
I hope you can use your precious memories to comfort your broken heart, you have so many of that spunky little girl, and it is what she would want for the one she loved above all else. Use those memories of happier times to dry your tears, she would never want you to be so sad. Go into the future, knowing she is at peace, and seek the sunshine once more, just as you would want for her if you were the first to go.
My heart goes out to you, time is the only thing that mends a broken heart. But the support of those who can empathize with your feelings goes a long way, it helps to share the burden on your soul, take care...... RIP precious Sasha, your sweet tabby face will never be forgotten in this world, the love you willingly gave will forever be held in a loving heart. Follow your dreams, sweet girl, and know there will be a day when you will joyously meet your loved ones again. Goodnight, sleep tight, little Princess!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catmom1977

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You gave her 13 years of life, that is 13 times more than some evil human being had planned for her.
What you did is immensely good, you saved a life.
I'm sorry she had to leave you in such a sad way, but take comfort in the fact that she has stopped suffering.
RIP Sasha.