Sammy, my soul mate, is gone.

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's never easy to lose a beloved member of your furr-family, but I also understand the pain of losing a cat you had a special connection with. I hope as your heart heals, you will be able to look back on memories of your Sammy and smile. When it's time to meet again, I know he'll be waiting!

I'm so glad you found this forum, too. I found this forum during a tragedy of my own and without the people here, I don't know what I would have done. I'm sorry for your loss, but I am glad you are here. <3

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KK300

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Krienze, thank you.

The wave of grief has hit once more. I thought I was coping, but today I found myself absolutely overwhelmed with the grief of his loss. He was such a special soul, and we had such a strong bond. The house is just empty without him. Our lives revolved around him, we loved him completely and utterly.

i still can't believe that he is gone. A huge part of me has been ripped away. I feel desperate to think I will never have him in my arms again.

How can this have happened to such a gentle soul?

Sammy meant the world to me. Being without him is unbearable.

I just don't know how to move forward.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You will be stuck in limbo for a long time. It helps to concentrate on something else, sometimes you have to force yourself. My remaining cats forced me to be in the present, and I even resented them for a time for making me care for them. But I realize now it was a blessing to have them there for me, they would never replace the hole in my heart, but they replaced the emptiness in my arms. They gave me more comfort than they will ever know. Maybe you need another little one to fill your arms and your heart in time......Sammy will guide you, he will always be a part of you......

KK300

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I do slightly resent our remaining two cats, because they're still here and my boy is gone. I know it's not fair to them to think that way. One of them has been extra affectionate to me, the other has withdrawn.

Part of me wants desperately to have another black cat in my life, almost so I could pretend Sammy was still here, but I know he / she would not be my Sammy, and I'm not sure I could ever embrace another cat in the same way. I will support local rescues, but just can't countenance having another cat in my life now. Plus, one of our remaining cats has behavioural issues, he's horrible to our tiny ex-feral cat, so don't know how he would cope with another cat.

I miss him so much.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Supporting your local rescues is a great way to keep your mind and your hands busy.
You will never love another cat the same way as Sammy, but it can be just as fulfilling, just different. It is like a mother with several children, each one is loved, but differently. Give yourself , and your heart, time. Little ones often appear in your life when least expected, or wanted, but can become a loved family member nonetheless.

KK300

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I still can't believe he's gone. He was so intelligent, funny and loving. He was the centre of our little family. I really thought we would have fifteen years together. He was always with me, a silent support, and more intelligent than I could ever have anticipated

I am just bereft, I miss him so much, and just don't know how to go on without him. I know it sounds melodramatic, but he was a huge part of me, I loved him so much.

How is this fair in the grand scheme of things?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's NOT fair.... but bad things happen to good people. The past is set in stone, no matter how much we want it to be different. The future is not yet ours to see, so the present is all we have. It is hard, but we are alive and must go forward. Our little ones are at peace, they will always have our love. Love does not simply disappear when they are gone, it will be a part of us for eternity. It seems impossible right now, but in time you WILL live again, in time the hole in your heart will slowly heal. I'm so sorry, I know how much this hurts.....