Sammie's Not Doing So Well..... :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
angels mommy angels mommy yes we got baby food.
We just finished doing fluids. And the meds for appetite but she threw it up:( so got to wait an hour if she doesn't eat then ive got to stress her out evern more. She hates this.

Sammy looks comfy on her pretty blanket!
Awww, poor baby. Do they know whats going on with her? Have you tried the cypro for appetite? That seems to work well with only 1/4 a pill. Im sorry shes sick. Its not easy seeing our babies go through stuff like this. :frown: I hope she can keep some food & her meds down soon. :hugs:

kittylove53 kittylove53 , Thank you Barbara. She is doing ok for the time being. We can only pray it last as long as possible. Yes, she is very loved. Especially with a grandma & gramp around too!

rubysmama rubysmama , Thank you. Yes, shes my sweet girl. Shes doing pretty well...considering.

She did well today at her appt. I hate to say it, but we got even more fluid out this time.
16 syringes, so that's 192 CC's. (Last time was 15). :(. Her Dr. Said she seemed ok though, not in any distress, so thats good.
I told her the last time i counted her breaths, yesterday, i think, it was still only at 27, so thats good. Average a minute is around 30.
My friend who worked at an animal hospital for 15 yrs said as long as its between 20 & 40. My vet is off on Thursdays, so her next appt. Is for wedns at 4:20.
Since she serms ok after today, & my parents are here to keep an eye on her. Im going over to my friends tonight.
I need a little get away time. Especially living back here again! I rarely get any time to myself. I wouldnt go if i had Any concerns about Sammie tonight, but shes doing fine. Shes been resting, & up in the window. It was in the 60's today, so it was nice to open the window for her. :)

foxxycat foxxycat , If you started a thread, will you post the link, so i can check in on you too? :)

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kelly , just checking in to see how sweet Sammie is doing.
I keep following your thread and hope that the meds start working better. It is a shame that she keeps having to be drained.
She still looks so well , though.
All her pictures are so sweet and she doesn't look ill at all.
You and Sammie will remain in my thoughts and prayers!
All of us here at TCS are pulling for you both.
As always , much love and many hugs go out to both you and Sammie!
Gloria

foxxycat foxxycat I posted in your thread but wanted again to say how truly sorry I am for your loss of your precious baby.
My heart is with yours as we all mourn the loss of your sweet Pumpkin !

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Loving Mickey Loving Mickey , Thank you Gloria.
I really appreciate that.
I forgot to add to my post yesterday, that the vet upped her pred from 1/2 a day to a whole one. She said that it should also help w/ her appetite. She did pretty good this morning. Had the beyond chicken, wild rice & spinach, & ate about 1/2 of it, then a little more later. I was especially pleased, because i didn't realize it was small chunks, instead of pate', which she'll usually only eat, so she gets a gold star this morning. :)
Her weight was also down a little at 8.8 yesterday.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Im so sorry. Yeah it was something out of my control. I hope you have a good night Kellie. As long as she's eating and not in distress then keep on keeping on.
If she's smiling and happy then keep on.
:redheartpump::angel3::rbheart::hearthrob: :alright: I am so sorry I missed posting on your thread. I want you to know how very sad I am with you. Don't beat yourself up by second guessing your decisions and feeling guilty for too long, Pumpkin doesn't want you to suffer. She is at peace now and is watching over you as she is being greeted by all our loved ones over the Rainbow bridge where you will be reunited some day. As as we say around here The last breath on earth is the first breath in Heaven.:grouphug::grouphug2::vibes::vibes::vibes:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol! Yes, she does. I just looked, & she finished it all! ! That whole pred is working!
:cheerleader:
:grouphug: I'm so sorry I haven't been able to offer my support to you and your loved ones earlier, I was just so devastated. I have followed Sammies story from the beginning and am so heartbroken with you and yours. Offering my love, prayers and well wishes to you all.:vibes::vibes::vibes::hangin::hearthrob::redheartpump:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am praying so hard for a miracle for you and Sammie.I am glad that she is eating more.I just can't stop crying.Love to you both.
Aww, thank you Barbara. Dry your eyes. She is doing just fine for now. I too have my moments with her, but am trying to stay in the present for her. Otherwise, I'd be a mess all the time. As long as shes ok, I try to be.
Im trying to enjoy time with her, because i fear once she takes a turn, & goes downhill, I know whats coming. Im trying to stay strong for now. However, Its not always easy, & I do have my moments.
Im sorry I missed your call earlier, & will try to catch up with you sometime this week, if i get a chance.
Dr. Rockwell is off on Thursdays, so we are going in wedns afternoon, after work for her next appt. Being that it will be 4 days instead of 5, I'm hoping it will be less fluid.
So then our next time will probably be the following monday.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kelly, I just want you to know that I have been following this thread, but I'm just in such shock about it all that I haven't said anything until now. Like everyone else here, I'm hoping for a miracle :hugs:.
Thank you so much. Yes, its so unexpected, especially after loosing Angel less than 3 years ago.

I'm glad to hear that she is doing better for the time being.I know how much you love Sammie, and I do too.Hug and give her as many kisses as is possible.I know you will try to stay strong for her,I will be here for you.
Thank you Barbara, yes, I kiss her & love on her a lot, but try to not bother her too much at the same time. .. .If that's possible!
Yesterday, i was giving her scritchies on her little fluffy cheeks, and kisses on her head, & she was purring, but then I got a,
"MMMmmm" so I said, "ok, I'll stop...but you were purring." :tongue:

I did have to give her a 1/4 of cypro this afternoon. At 12, she still had about half of her breakfast left, tried to get her to eat...nope! So, gave one to her at 12:30.
By 12:50, she was eating.
She has eaten about half of her dinner. I held the bowl for her while she was in the window. Shes on her blanket now.
I got some little battery snowflake lights today, & put them over our window. :)
IMG_20181203_174808811.jpg
IMG_20181203_185400794.jpg
IMG_20181203_185532124.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.