Sammie's Not Doing So Well..... :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats funny you two! I have the Pimsler cds to learn Italian. I made it up to about cd 6, (oit of 12) but thats it. It was a little tough sometimes, not having the words in print.
Id be like..."was that a " b" or ." P" ?...
So it fizzled out for me, especially w/ no one to practice with.
However....just the orher night, i saw a commercial for a new one online. Its babbel. The prices are really reasonable/ cheap, & gives it to you in little 10-15 min. Bites, so it makes it easier. After you choose a language, it gives you a little beginners test, & it was all the basics, so i passed that easily. Once things settle back down, &I get
Through all of this, I think im going to do it!
It will be a good distraction & goal. :)
It was only like 12.95 for a year, if I remember right!

As for Sammie, she ended up eating almost all of the rest of that trout & catfish can over night.
(Got to get her more of that!)
Pilled her easily this morning while she was in the chair at the back door, then had her breakfast ready, & swooped it right in front of her after, so she ate a good bit.
This morning was f.f. beef & liver. :)

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As for Sammie, she ended up eating almost all of the rest of that trout & catfish can over night. (Got to get her more of that!)
Pilled her easily this morning while she was in the chair at the back door, then had her breakfast ready, & swooped it right in front of her after, so she ate a good bit.
This morning was f.f. beef & liver. :)
That's what we want to read! Keep fighting Sammie! ;)

Free Italian lesson
(Questo è ciò che vogliamo leggere! Continua a combattere Sammie!)
:wave3:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Antonio65 Antonio65 , Thanks!! Yes, I got home around 3 today, & she had finished her breakfast!! :clap2: Hopefully she'll do as well for dinner. My mom said she wasn't under the bed all day, so thats good. Shes under there now though. I popped my head under, & told her to let me know when she's ready for din,din. I usually fix it for her between 5 & 6.

I stopped at the grocery store on the way home & got her some more beyond wild blends. ...Salmon, liver & carrot, Duck & sweet potato, Alaskan salmon & spinach, .Chicken, wild rice & spinach,. Tuna, macral & carrot,. More of the trout & catfish, Phesant & sweet potato.
So shes got some good choices. I try to alternate them well too. :)

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kelly! I am so pleased to hear that Sammie is eating so well,and doing what she used to do rolling over and rubbing her face on the carpet.She looks so happy eating her food.I love her very much, and will continue to pray for you both.Thank you Antonio for remembering my Omelette.Here we all are again,being here for Kelly and Sammie.We will stand behind you Kelly as much as you need us to,and more.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kelly! I am so pleased to hear that Sammie is eating so well,and doing what she used to do rolling over and rubbing her face on the carpet.She looks so happy eating her food.I love her very much, and will continue to pray for you both.Thank you Antonio for remembering my Omelette.Here we all are again,being here for Kelly and Sammie.We will stand behind you Kelly as much as you need us to,and more.
Thanks Barbara, I really appreciate all of your support!
Yes, I am glad I dont have to give her a cypro every day. Had to give her one (still just a 1/4), yesterday afternoon. She has done well on her own today.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is good news, Kelly! And you are the one who has done it. I hope you and Sammie still have a long time together.
angels mommy angels mommy ...sending you :hugs: 's, and your Sammie very gentle scritchins...
Thanks you guys. It hasnt been easy.
Especially having just gone through this with Angel less than 3 years ago.
Sammie's been drinking a lot of water. I'm sure it's because of the lasix. She was in the kitchen, wanting the chair up to the back door, do she could look out. I put it there for her, then picked her up to place her there, but ended up sitting down with her in my arms instead. She let me hold her for a good long while. I was whispering to her that shes such a good girl, & to keep fighting, because i didn't want to loose her. (Knowing that I will anyway).
By then tears were just streaming down my face. Sitting there, holding, & rocking her. Trying to sing "you are my sunshine" to her. I used to sing that to Angel. Her poor little head, wet with my tears. I finally sat her down in the chair & got her pilled. Offered the duck & sweet potato, but she turned her head. So, I am hoping once the pred kicks in she'll be hungry enough. Otherwise, if its the duck she doesn't want, i can try something else. If she still doesn't eat at that point, ilI'll have to give her a cypro.
As for me, I have an acupuncture appt today. Im glad, because i really need it!
I really need a massage too, but i have to get my trade schedule worked out w/ the friend i trade with. So, I'm hoping today goes well for everything, because I really need to kerp the zen that comes after acupuncture!!!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel for you :bawling:
Thank you. This morning I was feeling emotional.
Well, i ended up tossing out the duck, & opened a sheba salmon. She took a few licks, but that was it, so at noon when she hadn't come out from under the bed to eat more, I pulled her out, held her for a couple minutes, then gave her a cypro.
Shes been out to pee again....but hasn't eaten yet. She did however still have about a spoonful of the beef & liver left last night before bed, so she could have eaten that early this morning, & is why she hasnt eaten yet... .I also noticed she had eaten some of the natural balance dry kitten food from the sample I got, so maybe she'll come out & eat soon. I hope so, its already 1:30.
Ill be leaving for my acupuncture appt soon.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Evening update"
When I got home, Sammie had eaten all the salmon, & what little natural balance kitten food that was in the other dish.
My mom was fixing her dinner, said she came up behind her in the kitchen & meowed. Well...she did not want the duck again, so out it went. I opened one of the little sheba packs of chicken, and she ate some. She ate from the bowl a couple of times now, so I know she'll finish it. Shes laying on her blanket now. She kind of looks like she doesnt feel well today. :frown: Im just glad she's eating. Of course its because i gave her a cypro at noon, but still. ..

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every day is a blessing with her. XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX to you both!
Yes, it is! Thank You. :hugs:

Shes done well this morning. :)
Meowed for her chair to be put up to the back door. There were lots of doves & squirrels to watch! I fixed one of he
r favorites, f.f. chopped grill. Pilled her quickly, followed w/ a little bit of water syringed, then offered her bowl. She ate a good amount. I'd say maybe 1/3 of it. Came back in the room, got up on her tree & we saw a cardinal,. & A blue jay out front! Now she just went under my bed, but i think she did pretty good this morning. :)

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I am so sorry this is happening. Seems this week is a stinky one. Pumps is really sick and I can't get hr to eat. I have been doing fluids and all the meds. She's got a cold and been a battle trying to syringe feed. I didn't want to say anyhiing but thank you for sharing your tricks. I have been steaming pumps at night in the bathroom and crying too because she's 15 and I don't know why this is affecting her so bad. She's bright eyed but I can tell she's hungry. Last night and this morning I smeared food in her mouth. She hated it but I have to keep trying. She's now on zithromax but she spit it out last night. Tonight is fluids and zithro and some new appetite stimulant the vet wants me to pick up. This is so stressful and I am crying with you Kelly.

I hope Sammie continues to fight and keep eating like a good girl. Thank you for sharing with us!

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry this is happening. Seems this week is a stinky one. Pumps is really sick and I can't get hr to eat. I have been doing fluids and all the meds. She's got a cold and been a battle trying to syringe feed.
foxxycat foxxycat , I'm sorry to read this.
I didn't know anything, I also looked for a thread from you on this issue, but didn't find it.
Would you like to start a new thread? Maybe someone might help you.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
foxxycat foxxycat , I'm sorry to read this.
I didn't know anything, I also looked for a thread from you on this issue, but didn't find it.
Would you like to start a new thread? Maybe someone might help you.
Thank you. I just posted my jumbled thoughts..I hope it is easy to read...I am so thankful for everyone else sharing their tricks to make our babies better.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, thank you ALL so much!
foxxycat foxxycat , Im so sorry to hear about your baby. Will she eat her favorite treats at all?
Sometimes I will break some up & put on top of Sammies food to get her eating more. Also how about the baby food trick?
Will she eat that? If so, then maybe you can mix some in w/ her food after she eats some. .... trying to think of any ideas. :headscratch:

One thing is for sure with all of us here. .
Our kitties are our hearts! :hearthrob:

Sending love & big hugs to all of you !! :grouphug2:
Thank you for your continued support!

Here's my girl just about 30 minutes ago.
IMG_20181130_162240901.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.