Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Thank you. Shes my baby girl! :redheartpump: :purr:

How have you been doing? Hows John & Honeybee?

We are doing ok. Bee hasnt been looking for her or anything.

I'm so sorry that Sammie is starting to have more bad hours than good. l just want to say I'm thinking about you.

All I know is I don't regret letting Pumps go.I guess this didn't come out right . I had already prepared for it. I had bad anxiety for a week because I just knew it was her time. She wasn't happy. And it was selfish for me to make her stay. She was no longer looking outside or wanting treats.

She had this sad look in her eyes for a week. Jon said she was fine. It was harder on him than me. Yes I was crushed. Yes I was totally crushed...but I knew she was not feeling well. And nothing I did would fix it. I still cry when I remember that evening staring into her eyes as she left our world. I miss her so much. I know how much this sucks.. but you know when there's no cure and she has more bad days than good days then we just have to step in.

When Sammie stops eating then you will know. I'm sad that you have to face this sooner than you wanted. Shedding some tears for you. You know I had to work even the day after I let her go. It's better that you work. All I would have done is lay around crying. I've done all my crying in the bathroom at work and when I take my shower before my shift.

The guys are very understanding. Some have given me hugs and let me cry. We are like a family in a way. A dysfunctional family. But we support each other.

Kelly take heart. This won't be forever. You have your mom to hold you. Let her. Let her help you. I wish I had better words to comfort you. Just know that I support you in whenever you decide to let her go. Just remember it's better to be loved than to never love. :alright:

I wish I could take away the pain for you and all other pet owners. I hate that you have to deal and feel these cruddy emotions. I sometimes don't say things well. I want you to know we all are thinking about you and praying for you for peace and strength. I wish there was something that we could do to make it better.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are doing ok. Bee hasnt been looking for her or anything.

I'm so sorry that Sammie is starting to have more bad hours than good. l just want to say I'm thinking about you.

All I know is I don't regret letting Pumps go.I guess this didn't come out right . I had already prepared for it. I had bad anxiety for a week because I just knew it was her time. She wasn't happy. And it was selfish for me to make her stay. She was no longer looking outside or wanting treats.

She had this sad look in her eyes for a week. Jon said she was fine. It was harder on him than me. Yes I was crushed. Yes I was totally crushed...but I knew she was not feeling well. And nothing I did would fix it. I still cry when I remember that evening staring into her eyes as she left our world. I miss her so much. I know how much this sucks.. but you know when there's no cure and she has more bad days than good days then we just have to step in.

When Sammie stops eating then you will know. I'm sad that you have to face this sooner than you wanted. Shedding some tears for you. You know I had to work even the day after I let her go. It's better that you work. All I would have done is lay around crying. I've done all my crying in the bathroom at work and when I take my shower before my shift.

The guys are very understanding. Some have given me hugs and let me cry. We are like a family in a way. A dysfunctional family. But we support each other.

Kelly take heart. This won't be forever. You have your mom to hold you. Let her. Let her help you. I wish I had better words to comfort you. Just know that I support you in whenever you decide to let her go. Just remember it's better to be loved than to never love. :alright:

I wish I could take away the pain for you and all other pet owners. I hate that you have to deal and feel these cruddy emotions. I sometimes don't say things well. I want you to know we all are thinking about you and praying for you for peace and strength. I wish there was something that we could do to make it better.
Thank you so much. You guys are doing something for me. Offering your love, prayers & never ending support!
I can never thank you enough for it all.
Through loosing Angel, ....and now Sammie.
Two to cancer in less than 3 yrs. Its just not fair! I swear there must be something in the kitty gene pool in my old neighborhood. They both came to me.

Shes back under my parents bed, so I have my cd player in there w/ an Enya cd playing low for her. At night, I play the music for sick cats on the YouTube channel "relax my cat." On my phone.

ericsmom1000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much. You guys are doing something for me. Offering your love, prayers & never ending support!
I can never thank you enough for it all.
Through loosing Angel, ....and now Sammie.
Two to cancer in less than 3 yrs. Its just not fair! I swear there must be something in the kitty gene pool in my old neighborhood. They both came to me.
There may indeed be a defective gene lurking among the cats. The first dog I had, a German Shepherd named Ernie, was euthanized after treatment for stomach cancer didn't do much. He was ten when he died in 1978. My parents later adopted two dogs from the same breeder. Both were euthanized because of stomach cancer. They were ten years old, and Ernie's cousins. The breeder did not allow any more puppies from that line.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There may indeed be a defective gene lurking among the cats. The first dog I had, a German Shepherd named Ernie, was euthanized after treatment for stomach cancer didn't do much. He was ten when he died in 1978. My parents later adopted two dogs from the same breeder. Both were euthanized because of stomach cancer. They were ten years old, and Ernie's cousins. The breeder did not allow any more puppies from that line.
I definitely think it's possible. Being from the same neighborhood, they may all very well be related, somewhere down the line.

She has finally been sleeping on her blanket on my bed. She came in to drink & eat a little more, I think it was around 2:30. When she finished, I gently picker her up & put her there. So she'd been sleeping for about 1 & 1/2 hrs. I had her music playing for her.
I just sat on the floor & did my toes, so I could be in here w/ her, but quiet. I still had black on from Halloween! I never go that long, but since things have been a little crazy. I had never used black polish before, but actually liked it against my fair skin. I usually dont do red. Don't wear anything red at all. My fair skin has a pink undertone, so not good on me! But. .. . For Christmas, I have a nice Jewel toned ruby red I like on my toes, so I did that!
She woke up for a few, got up & looked out the window for a minute, now shes back curled up on her blanket. Im glad shes getting some sleep. Its been pouring out all day, & really windy.
IMG_20181209_162310949.jpg

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im struggling. This is so hard guys. I mean, I know shes only going to get worse, but today shes eaten well, w/ only one 1/4 cypro this morning. She woke up a little bit ago, &I fixed a Sheba salmon for her dinner. I came back in the room & she was up on the highest perch of her tree. Offered her dish, & she ate a good amount. Id say about 1/2.
I know tomorrow could be worse, but this is the tug of war on my heart.........:redheartpump:
IMG_20181209_183739041.jpg
IMG_20181209_184429817.jpg

Now...in my parents room. My dad put her blanket that was on their bed there on the floor, because thats where she was crouching this morning.
IMG_20181209_190534277.jpg

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know. I do. There is no easy answer. She looks good. Does she have that sad face? Pumps had it for quite some time but Jon would say she's fine. She had the pain purr on Thursdays vet appointment. I guess I didn't want to believe the facts...it was easier for me to just ignore it and hope the next day would be better for us...I will say I rushed to let her go. I knew in my heart when I came home from work a week ago. I couldn't do it anymore. I should have told Jon to kiss her goodbye but at the time I thoguht they could help her and we could bring her home comfortable and say our goodbyes. But I couldn't do it. I was selfish because it was tearing me in half.

I could tell she was in pain and I had to make the tough choice because I knew Jon wasn't strong enough to take her in and let her go. It's not easy Kelly.

In fact on the drive to the er vet...part of me froze...I just sense that it was our last ride together. She didn't meow either. Which is not like her at all. Normally she screams and moves around in her cage...I had forgotten about this until now. My girl had given me the sign...and I listened finally.

I am crying for both of us. This is so hard. We never want to say goodbye. I hope you have more time together. Kiss her. Cuddle her. Listen to her purr...stuff your face into her fur. Put it into memory. It's not easy. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

If Sammie is eating then kiss her and cuddle her. Take it one day at a time. :alright::crossfingers:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat , Thank you. Its all I can do & plan on. Yes, sometimes she has that sad look, like the picture of her under my bed this morning, but then other times, she will still get up on her tree & look out the window.. ..
She came our & used the litter box about an hr ago, then went in the living room, laid in front of the coffee table for a few, then under the tree. Facing in, not out of course, so I tried to get some pictures. Heres some of what I got. You can see her face in the last one. I gave her her pain meds right after.
Since I gave them at 8:30/45 this morning, I wanted to give them at 8:00 tonight, so there would be no gap in last running out & next kicking in....
IMG_20181209_193718473.jpg
IMG_20181209_194827483.jpg
IMG_20181209_195237304.jpg
IMG_20181209_195301191.jpg

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She seems to be doing well to me - eating, drinking, using the litter. I know she sleeps a lot, but that's because she's not feeling very well. She looks as comfortable as she can be under the circumstances. I hope you won't rush into sending her over the bridge.

That, btw, is one gorgeous Christmas tree!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She seems to be doing well to me - eating, drinking, using the litter. I know she sleeps a lot, but that's because she's not feeling very well. She looks as comfortable as she can be under the circumstances. I hope you won't rush into sending her over the bridge.

That, btw, is one gorgeous Christmas tree!
Thanks, I'll tell my mom. I did the hard part for her, seperated all the branches, & put the lights on. She did the rest. I miss my stuff. .. all in storage!

No, I definitely wont rush into that. Thats for sure! It has to be the right time. For her, & in my heart. Yes, today was a god day. I was happy to see her eating on her own w/ out me having to hold her dish up to her face to get her to eat. It is weird that she drank more than ever today. The pred has made her drink a lot more, but never this much.
We'll see how she does tomorrow. Today was so different from morning to the rest of the day. I dont want her to suffer, but it has to truly feel right, like its time in my heart. This morning I felt that it may be, & now not so much. Shes been laying up on her top perch for a good while now. I wish she'd come get down & lay on her soft blanket instead, like earlier. (I even washed it today). I guess if she gets uncomfortable she will. I wish she'd cuddle with me, but shes never been a cuddler.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just wanted to post and let you know I'm still reading, and thinking of you and Sammie. :alright:

It breaks my heart that you've had such a short amount of time with her. But then I remembered your ex-landlord who wanted you to get rid of her, shortly after Sammie adopted you as her mommy. And now this. It almost makes me wonder if Sammie was never meant to be with you for a long time. :(

I'm glad you have a great vet, who will give you honest advice. And that fate arranged for you to be with your parents at this time. Even if I don't post often, do know I'll be reading and thinking of you and Sammie during the upcoming days, and hopefully weeks. :hearthrob: :hugs: :hearthrob:

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kelly , just wanted to check in and let you know I am always thinking of both you and Sammie. So sorry to hear that the meds didn't seem to work. I thought for sure the lasix would help with the fluid. Glad you got pain meds to make her comfortable though. She still looks so good and still eating. I know how things can change so quickly. I would just think things through before making any final decisions. It is so hard to know, but you will do whatever you feel is best for Sammie. She still seems good to me and not ready to leave you just yet.
Just make her comfortable and love her. That is all she truly wants.
I am truly hoping you have many more days together.
Cancer truly is a terrible disease. I have lost too many loved ones to that illness , both kitties and humans. It is so devastating!
As always ,, all my love , hugs , and prayers are being sent to both you and Sammie!

foxxycat foxxycat Thinking of you as well!
You ,Jon , and sweet Honeybee , as well as your angel Pumpkin are in my prayers.
Love and hugs to you!

rubysmama rubysmama Adorable avatar of your sweet Ruby girl!
How did you ever get her to stay still to take the photo??

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so, so sorry this all is happening to you again. You mentioned that you may have to potentially miss a few work assignments. I was thinking that, say if you mom is physically in good health maybe she could do some of the simple cleaning assignments for you ? Just an idea. I know when your work is strictly commission, having to miss an assignment can be tough.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama , & Loving Mickey Loving Mickey , Thank you both so much. As things are standing today, I will not say good-by to her tomorrow. I jus can't. She's doing ok right now. Especially to even come out into the living room & lay under the tree, not just go back under the bed. Yesterday she spent most of the day not under the bed, so that was nice. We will keep our 4:00 appt tomorrow for her to be drained, & that's all. It will be the longest we've gone at 6 days. If she seems ok until then, we may be able to go 6 again....if we have that long. I hope we do, even though I hate putting her through that every week. Last time, she pee'd on the way, & on the way back. (thank goodness I had a puppy pad in the carrier).
We will just take it day by day. (It just can't happen on a Thursday, her vet is off on Thursdays...) :(:headshake:
This mornings meds went well.I woke up before the 8:00 alarm I set. She came in the room & got up on the very top of her tree again. I went & fixed a Sheba chicken (those seem to be the winner, so getting more today!). I had all 3 syringes ready to go. Offered her some food first, so she'd eat some, in case she didn't after meds. Pilled her, gave her a little water, then the pain meds. Tried to get her to eat more after, to get the taste out of her mouth, but she refused.
She stayed up there for a little while, then back down & under the bed. She stayed at the end, like the picture I posted, so i offered her dish again, & she did eat a little more. She's under there now. Hopefully sleeping.
We shall see how the rest of the day goes. As I like to say, Fingers crosses :crossfingers: Prayers up! :angel3:

She also hasn't pooped much, & little ones if & when she does. I'm sure because of her condition w/ it being the liver & bile ducts. I can ask the Dr. about it. I don't think she'd eat pumpkin if I mixed a little in her food, but guess I could try. I'd probably just try 1/2 a tsp. instead of a whole tsp.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so, so sorry this all is happening to you again. You mentioned that you may have to potentially miss a few work assignments. I was thinking that, say if you mom is physically in good health maybe she could do some of the simple cleaning assignments for you ? Just an idea. I know when your work is strictly commission, having to miss an assignment can be tough.
Thanks, Yes, I get paid per job. It's my own business, so my clients pay me directly. There aren't too many easy ones. Most are decent size houses. My mom has helped me before, & yes, hopefully, she can if & when I need her to. She is actually having a little procedure this Thursday morning herself, so we'll see.
A while ago, not sure if it was last yr, or just months ago, she blacked out & fell.
She was ok, but her cardiologist wants to put a little monitor in to monitor her heart. It has to stay in for 3 years! It's at the hospital, but it's an outpatient procedure.
I'm not going to worry about work so much. If it happens, it happens. It can't be helped. Most of all my clients have been with me since I started, over 5 years ago. Most of them know what's going on & would be understanding. In the meanwhile, I only have a very little bit of Christmas gifts to finish, so will try & save what I can for this reason. Just in case.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama , Yes, I did think about when I thought I was going to have to re-home Sammie. Then nothing else was ever said, so I didn't!
The only good thing I can take from ALL of this, is that if she hadn't ended up with me, than she would have been out there suffering on her own.
Instead, she has been so loved & cared for, & spoiled. ...and when the time does come, she won't be alone & scared somewhere.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
angels mommy angels mommy I hope you two have more time together. I'm sorry for my jumbled thoughts yesterday. Yes if Sammie is eating and taking an interest in life then she's not ready. By the way Honeybee sleeps under our bed every morning from 6am to around 8ish. So it could be that Sammie has her favorite spots to lay. The days when they hide for hours is when you will know something is up. For now steady as she goes. Dreamerrose is right. You don't want to rush into this decision.

Unfortunately there's no set time for illness. Some cats adapt well. Like Pumps did. Some don't. When Sammie is refusing to eat even on medication then you will know it's a closer possibility. For now keep doing what you are doing.

For the poops will she let you touch her mouth? Take a pea sized glob of pumpkin and go at the side of mouth and smear it on her upper jaw usung her tooth to scrape it off your finger. 3 or 4 of these should do the trick for the poops. The bupre causes constipation.

Or call the vet and ask about miralax. That one is dissolved in a shot glass of hot water, stir until blended well. Then add to her wet food. Mash good with a fork. The dose is very small.

For pumps she only needed 1/8th of a teaspoon daily. Honeybee requires 1/4 teaspoon but she will eat the Pumpkin so we dont use miralax for Bee. Bee is on inhaled steroids and the vet said that could cause stool hardening so that's why we use the pumpkin for Honeybee.

When i make up the Pumpkin I put some in a Tupperware dish then add hot water then mash with fork. I make it like pudding. It goes easier this way otherwise Bee splatters it all over the place. You may get lucky. Sammie may lick it off your fingers like Honeybee does. Bee sure loves her pumpkin. She really enjoys it...

Keeping fingers crossed for you two! X

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama Adorable avatar of your sweet Ruby girl!
How did you ever get her to stay still to take the photo??
Thanks Loving Mickey Loving Mickey . Ruby was asleep when I first started putting the hat on her, so it took a while for before she was fully aware, and annoyed, with what I was trying to do. ;)

rubysmama rubysmama , Yes, I did think about when I thought I was going to have to re-home Sammie. Then nothing else was ever said, so I didn't!
The only good thing I can take from ALL of this, is that if she hadn't ended up with me, than she would have been out there suffering on her own.
Instead, she has been so loved & cared for, & spoiled. ...and when the time does come, she won't be alone & scared somewhere.
And that is a VERY good thing. Even though it's painful and heart-breaking for you, Sammie knew she adopted the right human mom when she showed up on your doorstep. :hearthrob:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Loving Mickey Loving Mickey . Ruby was asleep when I first started putting the hat on her, so it took a while for before she was fully aware, and annoyed, with what I was trying to do. ;)
LoL!!

And that is a VERY good thing. Even though it's painful and heart-breaking for you, Sammie knew she adopted the right human mom when she showed up on your doorstep. :hearthrob:
Yes, I truly believe Angel guided her to me!
I thought I was going to wait at least a year,
Then here she came 7 months later!
Oh, actually to the day! That year Labor day was on the 5th. How about that!
.....Only heavenly kitty intervention there! :redcat:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat , yes, i may try a little pumpkin.
Im affraid it may be getting close. She did so well on Sunday, but was under one bed or the other most of yesterday. :(
She ate most of her breakfast yesterday. All but maybe a small tsp. But dinner...only got her to eat less than half. This morning, could only get her to eat for a few seconds. Then meds, then only a few more licks, thats it.
I know right now, it is probably because she needs to be drained. Today is day 6, the longest we've gone. Her appt is at 4 today.
Im hoping that she will feel better, & eat well tonight. Woth this being her liver, & not eating enough egfecting the liver more..
She has to eat.
Otherwise, shes not going to have long....
:bawling:

Status
Not open for further replies.