Sammie's Not Doing So Well..... :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I just gave her a cypro, & only have one left (1/4). I remember the ladies at the vets saying that the cypro was on back order! They were using something else in the meanwhile. Started with a "g" I think.
Never heard of it. Our next appt isnt untill Tues. ....crap. wrather is supposed to be bad, really rainy this weekend, & its in a really busy traffic area! Only open till noon on Saturdays.. Arrrrrr!!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks you guys! :grouphug2: XO!!!
The cypro was in, (yay!) So went & picked it up, along w/ 3 more syringes of the Bupernorpine. Its just been drizzly/ rainy so far. Some other parts of NC expected to get a little snow, but we most likely wont, being right on the coast. A few flurries at best.
80% chance of rain this afternoon. 90% tommorow. Its looking like a Netflix/ Hulu weekend!
Haven't given Sammie any more pain meds since 5:00 yestetday evening. Shes under the bed, but has been out a couple of times, so just going to watch her when she does come out. I think shes ok for now, or wouldn't have come out. Mom said she was in my room while i was gone, so she was either up on her tree, or on her blanket. Either way...not under a bed, so thats good.
She only ate about half or a little less of her breakfast, so going to give her a 1/4 cypro now. .. .. shes going to hate me pulling her out from under the bed!
Her eyes are dialated, but guessing its because shes under the bed where its dark.
If she comes out, & they still are, do you think thst means i need to give pain meds??
I dont want her to be in any pain, or uncomfortable, but if they are keeping her awake, i want her to be able to get some sleep too. (Not sure if it is, since ive mostly given it at night). .. ... .Uhhh! This is not easy!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The bupre can cause dilated eyes. Sometimes it takes a bit to wear off. Glad Sammie is hanging in.

Xoxoxox
Thanks. I figured id try to wait until 5:00 again & then give her some more. I went to check on her about 30 minutes ago, & she had eaten a little more. Just came bk hete again, putting some laundry away, & she was in my room drinking water, so when she finished, I put her on her blanket.
...now she just hoped up on the lower perch of her tree. So hopefully that means shes somewhat ok.
IMG_20181208_153215980.jpg

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guys.........I think it's time. (This week). :bawling2:
This morning when i got up, my parents said that she had sat crouched on one side of their bed for like an hr, then crawled under to the side where her blanket is. :sniffle: I said, " why didn't you wake me up, so I could give her her pain meds!?" I gently pulled her out & gave her the pred & cypro in a small peice of pill pkt, & then the buprenorhine. Held her & just cried. Brought her in on my bed with me, laid down with her & cried some more. She got on her blanket for a few minutes, then looked out the window for a few seconds, then went under my bed, on a blanket under there. I gave her some time, & time for the meds to kick in, then fixed her breakfast. Beyond tuna & catfish. (She hasnt had the catfish yet). Barely took a couple of licks, & turned her head. Gave her another chance to try it. .... Nope, so went & fixed a Sheba chicken. Crawled half under the bed to hold the dish for her, & she ate a good amount.

I dont want her to suffer, & its getting worse.
What my patents told me this morning is whats making me finally feel that its about that time. Its breaking my heart.
I also hate it because it sucks that I have to try & plan this around my work schedule, because I cant miss too much money. Especially with all of these expenses from the past month. Tomorrow will be one month since I first took her in for all of this.
Ideally, I'd rather wait until Friday, so I have the weekend, before going back to work.
But...if shes suffering, i dont want to keep her that way. My thoughts have been that our next appt is Tues. At 4:00. I could change it to a little later, at end of the day & work that day. Im usually done at that house by 1:30. Have the rest of the afternoon to spend w/ her before we go. Then, I would cancel work wedns. (I think id be ok to do that, $ wise), Im offf Thurs. & Back to 2 small jobs on Friday. (I start the chiro office thst day).
I hate that I have to do all of that "planning" around/ for it, but unfortunately, thats the way it is finacially. This way, Id at least have wedns & Thursday off, & the distraction of work may be good Friday... ..
This is just killing me!
Any thoughts, or feedback is more than welcome.
Love you guys!!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
You will know, in your heart, when it is time... there is no way to explain it. I tried to get explanations from people, but all they said was "you will know"... and that is true...

Yes, it really stinks that it is a busy week for you.... but....

and sometimes just hang that extra time, waiting until the appointment, makes things worse, mentally.. Like waiting for a spear to pierce your heart ~ at a certain pre-determined time.

There is no other way I can explain it.. We all want it to be at the 'perfect' time; yet, there is no 'perfect' time. It stinks.. and worse... cannot say it here.

We will all be here for you... Glad you have the pain meds for Sammie.

Your parents sound like loving, caring people.. could they help out with a bit of the vet bills? and you can pay them back. I say this so you can have more time to yourselves...

((HUGS))
love...

ericsmom1000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Guys.........I think it's time. (This week). :bawling2:
This morning when i got up, my parents said that she had sat crouched on one side of their bed for like an hr, then crawled under to the side where her blanket is. :sniffle: I said, " why didn't you wake me up, so I could give her her pain meds!?" I gently pulled her out & gave her the pred & cypro in a small peice of pill pkt, & then the buprenorhine. Held her & just cried. Brought her in on my bed with me, laid down with her & cried some more. She got on her blanket for a few minutes, then looked out the window for a few seconds, then went under my bed, on a blanket under there. I gave her some time, & time for the meds to kick in, then fixed her breakfast. Beyond tuna & catfish. (She hasnt had the catfish yet). Barely took a couple of licks, & turned her head. Gave her another chance to try it. .... Nope, so went & fixed a Sheba chicken. Crawled half under the bed to hold the dish for her, & she ate a good amount.

I dont want her to suffer, & its getting worse.
What my patents told me this morning is whats making me finally feel that its about that time. Its breaking my heart.
I also hate it because it sucks that I have to try & plan this around my work schedule, because I cant miss too much money. Especially with all of these expenses from the past month. Tomorrow will be one month since I first took her in for all of this.
Ideally, I'd rather wait until Friday, so I have the weekend, before going back to work.
But...if shes suffering, i dont want to keep her that way. My thoughts have been that our next appt is Tues. At 4:00. I could change it to a little later, at end of the day & work that day. Im usually done at that house by 1:30. Have the rest of the afternoon to spend w/ her before we go. Then, I would cancel work wedns. (I think id be ok to do that, $ wise), Im offf Thurs. & Back to 2 small jobs on Friday. (I start the chiro office thst day).
I hate that I have to do all of that "planning" around/ for it, but unfortunately, thats the way it is finacially. This way, Id at least have wedns & Thursday off, & the distraction of work may be good Friday... ..
This is just killing me!
Any thoughts, or feedback is more than welcome.
Love you guys!!
I am so sorry. You got an extra eighteen days with Sammie -- very precious time. The best Christmas present you can give her is to set her free from her sick body. It will break your heart, but you love her enough to let her go. Angel is waiting for her. He brought her to you, knowing how it would end. But he did so because he wanted her to have a wonderful home, and a wonderful mom. I've had to have numerous cats euthanized because I took in the seniors and special needs ones. It is never easy to make that final decision. If it does become so, then it's time to stop having fur babies. I am so sorry you're losing a second cat to cancer. But she won't die -- her body will. In Spanish, death is written and spoken of as a temporary condition. Know that Sammie will leave you with a lot of loving memories as she completes her earthly journey. The bonds of love will never be broken. And it is not "goodbye" -- it is "until we meet again." God bless you and Sammie.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom , Thanks Cindy. I know. That's what I thought when they told me about this morning. That told me. 4:15 this morning was 12 hrs since yesterdays pain meds, so she was definitely due. Shes sat crouched like that, & thats when i gave them before, but never for that long. Breaks my heart.
I am just putting it on the care credit, which sucks, because I was really getting it paid off. I paid $100.00 on my tab at the vets yesterday. I thought about seeing if i could just make $100 or more a month payments to the vet, but because its over $200.00, it wont have any interest kick in for 6 months, on rhe c.c. & it should be paid by then. I was already doubling up payments by paying $100/month, now, I will ne paying more. Probably $200/month. Once that's paid, Ill be back to the balance I had left before all of this. (Aoprox 1,200.00). So w/ those payments, I should be able to get it paid off.
Ive been paying my mom $100/ month for some she lent me last year for the root conal & cap on the tooth beside it last yr.
She just told me to put that toward this instead, for now. So that helps.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, shes at lest still eating & drinking today. She just are/ drank more. Sat at her water dish for a while. Drinking. Taking a break for a few seconds, then drinking more.
IMG_20181209_124214356.jpg

Shes been in hete a few xs drinking more water. Drinking a lot today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.