Sammie's Not Doing So Well..... :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi guys,. ...Well, since she was hesitant to finish her dinner last night, ( but finally did)
I went ahead & put a cypro in w/ her pred & lasix this morning. Because of that, she did pretty good with her breakfast this morning.
Finishing the last bit around 3:30 today.
Mom said she was up & down today. She timed her drinking water & said she drank for 3 minutes! Shes peed 3xs so far today. Once this morning, & twice this afternoon.
She had finally settled, & was resting/ sleeping on her blanket after she finished that last bit of breakfast, so I didn't bother fixing her dinner at 5, & waited until 6.
Today she had the macral, tuna & carrot.
After having it for breakfast, I guess she didn't want it for dinner. She only took a few licks, & wouldn't eat any more.
So....opened a Sheba beef. She ate a little bit, more than the other, but not even half. Didn't want anymore. She has jumped up on the top of her tree & is looking out the window. I may have to go ahead & give her another 1/4 cypro, ( since she can have up to a 1/2 one) along with her second lasix of the day.
She's slowed down these past few days.
Im sure some of it is the pred, but this with not wanting to eat has me worried for what may be coming. ...The down side of this hill :sigh::frown: Its ten till 7 now, she just laid back down. Im going to go ahead & give her her meds. She needs to eat.

Something on the positive side for me,
One of my clients/ aqauntenence, that I clean her home once a month is a chiropractor, (we traded once bk
W When i was still doing massage) text me & asked if id want to clean her office as well.
So I will start that biweekly next friday, after another small job i have on that day/ wk.
So now, Ie really only have one opening left for a biweekly or monthly monday spot!
This spring will ne 6 years since I started this buisiness. Most of my clients have been with me since the begining! :)

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi guys,
After having to give Sammie the cypro twice yestetday, (she had finished her dinner when i got up for the bthrm at 3:15 this morning).
So I went ahead & gave her one this morning too. When I got home at 2:45, she had only eaten 1/2 of her breakfast. :sigh:
Her appt was this afternoon. The Dr. Said she could feel that the mass & liver had gotten bigger. :frown: I told her about yestetday, & this morning. I asked if she could be in pain? Because last night she walked around the kitchen, then sat in front of me & meowed once, & was in that crouched position. She said she could be in some discomfort. She gave me some buprenorhine (6 syringes) in case i think she needs it. I also told her that she had slowed down in the past few days. So between that, the not eating as great, & her feeling the mass is larger, she said she didn't think she was going to make it to Christmas. :bawling2:
I didnt want it to happen at Christmas, but I guess I was hoping she'd make it till after.
Ive already cryed 4xs today!
Put rescue remedy, elm, & gentian all in my water bottle today!!
She was finally a little hungry when we got home. I got her to eat a little more than 1/2 her dinner, & w/ no cypro! She jumoed up on her tree after that, then drank water, & went under my parents bed, on her blanket under there. So.....I dont know how the next couple of weeks will go. She put her bk on only 1/2 a pred. We are stopping the lasix, because it isn't helping, & doesn't want her dehydrated.
(Shes peed 6 xs already today!)
Oh...we got 13 syringes out of her today after 4 days. Tues afternoon is our next appt.

After eating
IMG_20181205_182901640.jpg

Now...
IMG_20181205_185843783.jpg

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went ahead & gave her some pain meds.
Gave her a treat after to get the tast out of her mouth, then put her bowl in front of her & she ate more! Only has about a spoonful left now. :)
Now shes back under their bed sleeping.
IMG_20181205_205308093.jpg

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart is breaking for you. :hearthrob: :hugs: :hearthrob:
Thank you. The support from all of you guys really does help. :grouphug2:

Woke up just a few minutes ago, & she finished the rest of her dinner sometime over night. I also woke up a little after 2, to her crunching on some dry food. ( The sample of natural balance kitten food, along w/ some of her treats mixed in). So the pain meds must've helped, because she hadnt had a cypro since yestetday morning.
Also saw her het up on her tree a couple of times during the night, looking out the window.

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks you guys! I really appreciate your support.
She seems ok tonight, so I haven't given her any pain meds. (I dont want to run out, for when she may really need it later, so only giving it when she looks/ acts like she needs it). She has come out a few times today, & was laying on the couch for a little while. I fixed her dinner, held the bowl up for her, & she only took a couple of licks, then turned her head. So. .. gave her a cypro. She had went back under the bed, so left her bowl near her. When I got out of the shower, she had eaten some. So hopefully, she'll eat most of it, like last night.
Hanging out in the living room w/ grandma & grampa.
I took it as a good sign.
IMG_20181206_195400013.jpg

My dad just told me he was coming out of their bathroom, & she just jumped up on their bed. :)

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well damn.....spoke too soon.
She came out in the living rm again & was in that crouched possition under the coffee table, then jumped up on the couch, & just faced the corner for a few before turning around. So.. .I have her the buprenorhine. Follwed by a bunch of treats! ..get that nasty taste out of her mouth!
Now she's up on the top level of her tree, looking out the window.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Wishing both of you a good night's sleep and pain free for Sammie. Thinking of you and sending special thoughts. :vibes::hugs::vibes::hugs:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all. :grouphug2:

She ate her breakfast for a couple of minutes on her own this morning, before meds. (Tuna, Herring, & sweet potato today). Then she was up on the top of her tree. I gave her love'ns, talking sweet to her, tearing up. Thanking her for choosing me to be her mommy, that I didn't want to loose her, but I wont let her suffer either, so to let me know when shes ready. .. .. pilled her. The pred & a 1/4 cypro. Got her to eat a little more, but still has about 1/2 to finish. She never finished last nights. Shes now under my parents bed. Ive only given ther the buprenorhine ev 24 hrs last night, & night before, instead of 12 hrs. I'll have to call & ask about getting more if needed.
If she stays under the bed all day, ill start giving ev. 12 hrs.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was a little worried this morning. Tossing around in my head weather I should give her more pain meds, but didn't want to do it too late, in case I needed to give some tonight.
After I got out of the shower, she had come out & eaten more, so that rest my mind that shes ok for now. :bigeyes:
Ive got to go run some erans today, but my mom should be home (doing the same), by time I leave, to keep an eye on her.
For now shes resting/ sleeping under the bed. Im not sure how much, if she slept last night. I remember the buprenorhine used to kerp Angel wide awake. He could be laying down, but his head would still be up, & eyes wide open. .

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did end up giving her the buprenorhine at 5:00. (I think last night it was between 8:30-9:00). Her pupils were pretty big, so I thought maybe she needed some. She has eaten about 1/2 of her dinner, so thats good. She has been under my parents bed most of today, but she did come get on her tree a couple of hrs ago, then on her blanket. my mom took some pictures of us for me.
IMG_20181207_165545552.jpg
IMG_20181207_165540471.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.