Sammie & The Squirrel!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So yesterday (Sat.) morning, I had just let sammie out, & saw this squirrel run up the stairs, & jump onto the trellis in the corner. He proceeded to go from the railing to the porch....With Sammie sitting right there! I couldn't believe Sammie stayed put. She's not been bothered by them coming up before, but they were usually just on the railing. I grabbed my phone & started taking pictures! With Sammie sitting still, I said, "good girl, Sammie." It wasn't until the squirrel scattered down the stairs that she chased after, but don't worry, it was safley up in the bushes by then. I also think it was the same squirrel that had been up here this summer with a wound on his right arm. It looked like all the fur was gone all the way around, like it'd been caught in something. I was happy to see it all healed up.
With these pictures, someone could write a children's book, "Sammie & the Squirrel!" :lol:

This is one brave squirrel!!!

Buddies mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
20171126_121803.jpg

Kelly I love the pictures!! Keep up the good work!

Honeybee gave up chasing the squirrels. She watches them but doesn't go after them anymore...she goes after Voles/Moles now. Occasionally a bird but not often.
So yesterday (Sat.) morning, I had just let sammie out, & saw this squirrel run up the stairs, & jump onto the trellis in the corner. He proceeded to go from the railing to the porch....With Sammie sitting right there! I couldn't believe Sammie stayed put. She's not been bothered by them coming up before, but they were usually just on the railing. I grabbed my phone & started taking pictures! With Sammie sitting still, I said, "good girl, Sammie." It wasn't until the squirrel scattered down the stairs that she chased after, but don't worry, it was safley up in the bushes by then. I also think it was the same squirrel that had been up here this summer with a wound on his right arm. It looked like all the fur was gone all the way around, like it'd been caught in something. I was happy to see it all healed up.
With these pictures, someone could write a children's book, "Sammie & the Squirrel!" :lol:

This is one brave squirrel!!!

Attachments

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's EXACTLY like Rupert and the Fox! (Rupert looks like your Sammy too!)
However, what transpired with Sammy & Squirrel wouldn't play out the same with Gibsy. :flail:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks you guys! I love the pictures! Keep them coming! :thumbsup:
basscat basscat , That's AMAZING!! How wonderful! What a lucky kitty!! I wish I owned my own home, so I could do even a fraction of that! Your babies ears are so cute, they look like little racoon ears from the back. :biggrin:LOL!

Yes, I also had a squirrel that would come right up to the door when Angel was sitting there.
A lot of you will remember these pictures!
IMG_2357.JPG

IMG_2363.JPG

.....And then, BAM!! He smacked the glass! "Squirrel, you better get outta here!!" :gingercat:
IMG_2364.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great pictures! Can't believe how close that silly squirrel got to Sammie!
I know!! I sent the picts to my parents, a couple of friends, & her Vet. The Vet said either Sammie & the squirrel know each other, or it's not the brightest squirrel in the neighborhood! :lol:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've seen that one before. It's so cute. I believe it said that the squirrel had been abandoned, the family raised it, so it grew up w/ the cat, & that's why they knew each other.
I think it's so cute the way it rolls over the cat, playing.

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
If our cats get even a teeny tiny hint of a squirrel, or basically any other piece of prey, the entire area will become a bloody crime scene before you can say "mouse".

I don't know where they get that hunter blood... :paranoid:
IMG_8384.PNG