Sam Can't Walk

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Sam has continued to improve. He runs and plays all the time now. He doesn't jump very often though, and when he does it is a very short distance. I haven't given him any more pain meds because his lack if jumping seems to be out of caution rather than discomfort. He was scheduled to have a recheck with the vet next week, but I have to cancel that because my partner has a doctor appointment at the same time. :(
My partner has not been doing well. There was more cancer than originally thought, complications occurred during surgery, and now more complications post-surgery.:bawling: They are doing another CT scan tomorrow for a possible 2nd surgery.:(
It would be so nice to have EVERYONE healthy and happy again. Fingers crossed that day is coming soon!
Thanks for thinking about us.:)
:grouphug2::vibes::vibes::vibes::goodluck::grouphug::hearthrob::hugs::redheartpump:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone for your kind wishes. I just wanted to add that Sam has been a real godsend for my partner. With the passing of his sister, Isabelle, in February we were all devastated. Sam was so bonded to Isabelle and she was my partner's soulmate kitty.
Now the two of them have developed such a strong bond. Sam always wants to be near her. He lays on her shoulder in bed now - he didn't do that before. Every day he does so many cute things to make her laugh and loves to give her hugs.
She took such good care of him when he was injured, and now he is taking care of her while she is ill. It's truely heartwarming.:catrub:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone for your kind wishes. I just wanted to add that Sam has been a real godsend for my partner. With the passing of his sister, Isabelle, in February we were all devastated. Sam was so bonded to Isabelle and she was my partner's soulmate kitty.
Now the two of them have developed such a strong bond. Sam always wants to be near her. He lays on her shoulder in bed now - he didn't do that before. Every day he does so many cute things to make her laugh and loves to give her hugs.
She took such good care of him when he was injured, and now he is taking care of her while she is ill. It's truely heartwarming.:catrub:
:clap2: :vibes::vibes::vibes::itslove: :lovecat2: :catlove: :redheartpump::redheartpump::rbheart::hearthrob: :heartshape:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Sam has continued to improve. My partner has not been doing well.
Just catching up on this thread and sorry I have been MIA. I'm thrilled to learn that Sam has been improving nicely. That's a step in the right direction. :thumbsup: But I'm worried about your partner so sending hugs, special thoughts and healing vibes to both of you. :grouphug::hangin::vibes::vibes::vibes:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agreeing with the above inquiries.
I hope Sam is busy being a most excellent nurse to a human who needs his love.
Wishing the best for Sam, your partner and of course you as well!!
Please update whenever you can and time allows. We are thinking of you and all, and pulling for you as well!
:grouphug::grouphug2::hearthrob::itslove::hugs::redheartpump:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hoping you'll update us on ALL accounts weebeasties weebeasties !
I've said before, I have pictures and many memories of myself as a sickly kid and a tom cat we had that was a happy indoor/outdoor kind of guy.
That cat ignored me when I was well as a child and was my best nurse when I was ill. I have a great picture I've kept of myself during a sickness in my PJ's home from school with this cat "adopting" the role of a nurse. I remember falling asleep in my sicknesses with him at my left side, and waking hours later with him in the same spot.
When I was well, he did not give a crap and rarely acknowledged me.
I liked this cat so much I named another cat after him =)
I hope Sam has/is providing/provided the same amazing memories to your sic partner as mine did to me. That can leave such an imprint!

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's so funny that this thread has popped back up today. Sam has a vet visit this evening and my partner has a doctor appointment tomorrow.
Thank you all so much for thinking about us.:):redheartpump:
I'm running short on time at the moment. I will provide a better update soon but Sam is very well (climbing to the top level of the cat trees) and after 2 surgeries and 8 CT scans it appears my partner is now cancer free!:bliss:
Thanks everyone!

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
It's so funny that this thread has popped back up today. Sam has a vet visit this evening and my partner has a doctor appointment tomorrow.
Thank you all so much for thinking about us.:):redheartpump:
I'm running short on time at the moment. I will provide a better update soon but Sam is very well (climbing to the top level of the cat trees) and after 2 surgeries and 8 CT scans it appears my partner is now cancer free!:bliss:
Thanks everyone!
:clap::salam::clap2::hearthrob::hugs::lovecat2: :redheartpump: :goldstar: :bunnydance::dance::woohoo::banana2::banana1::jump::jive:

Plumeria

Leroy's Mommy
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, I’m late to the party but read through all the posts and want to commend you for all the nursing and caring you have done. I mean, wow! It’s truly amazing. I’m so glad everyone’s doing well. I look forward to your next update ✨⭐✨

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So glad the pain meds worked for Sam! I hope you get a diagnosis and a treatment plan from your vet. I am so sorry about Isabel. It’s doubly hard when we are mourning ourselves and see another baby mourning, too :( I’ll light a candle for Isabel this evening.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UPDATE

So the longer version of my previous update is that Sam has pretty much healed on his own. He was supposed to get a MRI at one point, but as the appointment drew near he seemed so much better that we postponed it.

My gut kept telling me he had a torn cruciate ligament, but my vet did not believe that was the case. He felt it was neurological, but a bit of a mystery.

Sam just had an appointment on Monday and showed no signs of discomfort during the exam. At home he runs and plays the same as before his injury. He never was much of a jumper to begin with, now he jumps with added caution. Other than that he seems normal. We do watch him very closely and treat him so delicately even though he is a 15 pound furball galloping through the living room!:D

As for my partner, she was treated for ovarian, and a very aggresive form of uterine, cancer. Some of it was attached to her colon as well. As of now, they see no more cancer! :yess: Now she is dealing with constant, stabbing pain in her right side that they *think* may be caused by nerve endings being caught up in the stitching from her first surgery.:( So now we are waiting to see what can be done for that.

I really want to thank everyone for your concern, advice, and comfort. This has been such a difficult year for us and your kind thoughts have meant more to me than words can express. I am filled with gratitude for all of you.
:redheartpump::thanks::redheartpump:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
UPDATE

So the longer version of my previous update is that Sam has pretty much healed on his own. He was supposed to get a MRI at one point, but as the appointment drew near he seemed so much better that we postponed it.

My gut kept telling me he had a torn cruciate ligament, but my vet did not believe that was the case. He felt it was neurological, but a bit of a mystery.

Sam just had an appointment on Monday and showed no signs of discomfort during the exam. At home he runs and plays the same as before his injury. He never was much of a jumper to begin with, now he jumps with added caution. Other than that he seems normal. We do watch him very closely and treat him so delicately even though he is a 15 pound furball galloping through the living room!:D

As for my partner, she was treated for ovarian, and a very aggresive form of uterine, cancer. Some of it was attached to her colon as well. As of now, they see no more cancer! :yess: Now she is dealing with constant, stabbing pain in her right side that they *think* may be caused by nerve endings being caught up in the stitching from her first surgery.:( So now we are waiting to see what can be done for that.

I really want to thank everyone for your concern, advice, and comfort. This has been such a difficult year for us and your kind thoughts have meant more to me than words can express. I am filled with gratitude for all of you.
:redheartpump::thanks::redheartpump:
We are glad you allowed us to be here for you. So very happy all is well with Sammy, is he avoiding being on the cat tree with the kitty you thought might have knocked him off? Is the outside cat still hanging around? All the best wishes for your partner, keep us updated. Give everybody a great big hug from me & Gypsy

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 :hellocomputer:
There are no issues with Sam and Keith (thank goodness!) The cat that was hanging around outside has disappeared. That bummed me out because I had wanted to trap him and have him neutered.
On a positive note, we unexpectedly adopted a kitten and are hoping he and Sam will become great friends.:crossfingers: Our new little Buddy has really brought a lot of smiles!

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Hi dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 :hellocomputer:
There are no issues with Sam and Keith (thank goodness!) The cat that was hanging around outside has disappeared. That bummed me out because I had wanted to trap him and have him neutered.
On a positive note, we unexpectedly adopted a kitten and are hoping he and Sam will become great friends.:crossfingers: Our new little Buddy has really brought a lot of smiles!
:yess: :clap::salam::clap2::heartshape: We need photos please.:camera::wavey::hearthrob::redheartpump: