Salem will be crossing the bridge in a couple hours.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Salem is the sweetest baby bear that loves men. He was my x-husband’s cat that adopted my step dad. I was never his human but always loved him.

3 years ago we thought he would live less than 6 months. He has lived over 3 years!

The top picture is just a couple weeks ago. I included my favorites of him, to remember him in his best health. The grey & white tabby cat was Dante; his little punk of a brother. I don’t think I will be able to write about him after he passes, so I’m prewriting this. Even though I wasn’t his favorite human, I still loved him.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Salem passed peacefully surrounded by 3 of his favorite humans. He was barely awake for the drive and he was so out of it he didn’t put up a fuss or even a meow at being at the vet. Breaks my heart his time was up. He was in the process of dying from his kidneys no longer working, this just made his death kinder. The vet weighed him and he had gone from 12 pounds to 7 pounds!!! 🥲🥲🥲 I had no idea that he was down to that little of his weight! I am just grateful that they could squeeze him in today.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Salem, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

Salem lived, breathed and had his being wrapped in the love of your family. And wrapped in that love, he took his first step through the Gate between This Adventure and his Next Great Adventure. Now, from his home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, he sends his love, purified and translated into Love, back to his human family, to walk beside you all. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like Salem was calm and ready. That does not make it less painful for you but it did for him and I know that is what we want for the ones we love, as hard as it may be for us. :grouphug2: Beautiful Salem. Your path was made into a happy one for much longer that anyone would have guessed. You got time to enjoy the journey of life. A home, play, snuggles and everything any creature could wish for that is truly the most important, because life without it is hollow, You got love. You also had time to give love. The most precious of all gifts. Thank you Salem for bringing light into this world and sharing it. It will continue to be a warm glow in the hearts of the humans you touched. Now we are all touched. Fly free little one. It’s time for you to take that light and share it with the sun and stars. Your love will be present forever.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, my heart breaks for your pain. Salem is at peace, he has all that love that you and your family gave him, and all these prayers and thoughts to send him on his way. To be remembered and missed after death is a great honor. he was loved and loved well, and that is all he really needed.
The bond of love you have with that little one will remain in place forever. It is spiritual so eternal. Try not to dwell on his end, he would not want that, but remember the good times and the joy he brought into your lives.
His body and soul are whole and healthy once more, he soars free through the heavens and will send his thanks and love your way for the rest of your life.
My thoughts and prayers are with you all in this sad time. I pray that with every little thought you have of the happiness he brought into your lives, your heart will heal a little more. It takes a long time to mend a broken heart.......RIP precious Salem. You will always be remembered you will always have a secure place in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got Salem’s paw print yesterday 🥲 I know he is at peace and I miss him! I’m feeling kinda guilty we didn’t pay the extra $150 to get his ashes back...... but the cremation prices were crazy. I wish we could have just buried him in the yard & planted a flowering bush. (I believe the body is just a shell, so I don’t think his soul was in his remains.)

This is my only pet euthanasia where I didn’t feel guilty for letting them go early. I have been plagued by what if they could get better or if we waited to long. Maybe because his poor little body was already shutting down?

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah that is it! He was already dying so it didn’t feel like we were killing him....., it felt more like we just sped up his travels.