Saki

kat hamlin

"RESCUE" is my favorite breed
Adult Cat
Purraise
I lose a lot of kittens, sadly, but I don't usually get super shook up about it. Unfortunately, it's a fact of life in rescue.
My partner and I first saw Saki in the holding area of a local shelter that we frequently pull from.
She was a tiny little tortie kitten with a big mouth and reaching paws. Strangely enough, she was there on bite quarantine. She had been found roaming a factory and likely bit out of fear, but never displayed anything but love to us. The shelter manager begged us to take her along with the 7 other kittens we were pulling and we acquiesced.
After little Saki's bite quarantine was over (biters without a history of rabies vaccination, even ones that are barely 6 weeks old, have to be held for 10 days to watch for signs of rabies), she got two roommates in her quarantine cage (a Great Dane-sized crate) and began teaching them the art of the Naughty Kitten. She won our hearts and it was clear...her initial profile on Petfinder garnered many inquiries.

On Tuesday I noticed while cleaning the litter boxes that Saki seemed listless and uninterested in me. I checked her over and she was pretty badly dehydrated. Despite SQ fluids, PO chicken broth, and a mostly-sleepless night of care, Saki passed away Wednesday morning. No longer a tiny kitten, she left a big hole in our hearts.

This post is a tribute to Saki and every other kitten who dies too young. Many of them never make it out of the shelter. The lucky ones who pass do so in the love and warmth of our home. Saki, you would have made someone a great little pet, and we hope you enjoy all the toys and the treats you'll find on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge.
DSCN2894.JPG

Lauren4883

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m so sorry for your loss. I too lost a kitten on Monday who was very ill and I only had her for 48hrs but it breaks my heart every time. Saki was beautiful May she RIP and be playing with all the other little babies at the rainbow bridge . And you are right, she got to know love and kindness if even only for a short while, and there are too many that don’t get this

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
May you be blessed for what you do, giving these precious babies the love and attention they would never have received otherwise.
My heart cries for the loss of one so young and innocent, she deserved so much more. May her tiny soul be always linked to your own, the bond you share goes much further than the mere physical bonds of care, it is spiritual love, so eternal. May she never be forgotten in a world that seems not to care, she WAS loved and will always have a place in a loving heart. Thank you for letting us know of this precious girl, she will be kept in our thoughts and prayers as she so deserves. Take care.......RIP beautiful Saki, may the good Lord bless and keep you until you meet again. Good night, sleep tight, little Princess!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry that that little cutie pie had to leave so soon, God must have needed an Angel kitten for someone who just passed, perhaps a young child. Thank you for doing what you do for them, Lord Bless you.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Saki was too beautiful to stay on this planet, God needed something so wonderful to make Pets' Heaven a perfect place.
RIP Saki, play free and run wild on the Rainbow Bridge meadows.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Saki, you and all your little "brothers and sisters" who leave us too soon, and dream you all deep. Your tiny lives matter in this world, and we remember.