Saggy Kitten Belly

Momto3newkittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a 5 month Old kitten who started showing sagging skin on either side of her stomach. It doesn't bother her and she let's us touch is, but it feels kind of hard. Not just like loose hanging skin with nothing in it. Any ideas on what it could be? Thanks!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Has your kitten been dewormed? Is she spayed?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Momto3newkittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She has been spayed and the SPCA paperwork said she doesn't have worms

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Does your kitten have access outside or are there other cats in the household? How long ago was the spay? My thoughts would drift more towards some sort of wound that is abscessing (you may never have noticed if it was small because cats skin heals fairly quickly) or a build up of scar tissue from the spay.

I would take her into the vet to make sure it isn't something serious. An infection in that area can become serious quickly because the bacteria will spread through the fatty layers into the abdomen and then you can have a serious problem (not to scare you, but that is what my vet told me when my boy had a hard lump on his tummy that turned out to be an abscess).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Momto3newkittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does your kitten have access outside or are there other cats in the household? How long ago was the spay? My thoughts would drift more towards some sort of wound that is abscessing (you may never have noticed if it was small because cats skin heals fairly quickly) or a build up of scar tissue from the spay.

I would take her into the vet to make sure it isn't something serious. An infection in that area can become serious quickly because the bacteria will spread through the fatty layers into the abdomen and then you can have a serious problem (not to scare you, but that is what my vet told me when my boy had a hard lump on his tummy that turned out to be an abscess).

I have two indoor kittens. It's happening on both sides of her stomach. She does play hard with the male kitten but she let's us touch it and she isn't licking it like I would expect her to with a wound. She was spayed about 3 months ago now. We just started seeing this a couple weeks ago