Sagging belly?

dano272

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is a 3 year old female. She's an indoor car who get's outside time usually once a day on a leash. She get excercise daily as well. I don't think she's overweight, but she does have a little sagging belly. I've seen this type of sag on other cats - male and female. What is the cause of this? Is she overweight if she has a little sag?

Thanks
Dan

dodo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hi,

My cat (3 years old) has one of those saggy bellies
Actually she's been having it since she was 6-7 months old (she wasn't fat; less that 4 lb probably !) & I was worried & asked the vet ! The vet said that it was Ok (but didn't explain why they occur ??)

Now she gained some weight (8.5 lb; well she is a small cat) & that saggy bag looks more saggy. So I put her on a less-fat diet

sbd45

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
to Seda

What kind of diet did you put your 3 year old on??? I have a two year old that's quite saggy and getting fat.
Thanks

dodo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Dan

Well, Minnosh started eating my kittens' food in addition to her regular Eukanuba lamb & rice
So I bought IAMS Less Active, which has 45% less fat ! I fed her with it for a week. Since she's not very fat, now I mixed IAMS with Eukanuba (a little bit more IAMS, though).

I was looking for Eukanuba less active, but the store was out of it that day & I didn't want to wait.

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They are just little fat pouches that most indoor cats get. They really aren't classfied as obese or overweight until thier ribs start to dissapear.