Safe wax melts

BeccaT

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello! First time posting in this section so I really do apologise if it isn't the right place for it.

I've been in search of ways to add nice fragrances to my home and since adopting our Annie, I've been very wary of what I buy as I know a lot of scented products can be harmful to pets. I've kind of given up on scented candles as I don't think they last long, plug-ins don't always seem to last that long either, I know to fully stay away from essential oils and my husband doesn't like incense sticks. But I've recently tried out wax melts and I really like them so far!

I've been looking specifically for wax melts, or scented products that don't have harmful ingredients/materials in them, as some products that are marketed specifically for safe use around pets can be a bit pricey, but I know there have to be some products out there that don't contain harmful substances to us or animals, I'm just not entirely sure what I'm looking for.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Any favorite brands, products or methods in particular that are safe to be used around our feline friends? Thank you!

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
In the same boat: I LOVE scents! I do know basil is OK, and that Mrs. Meyers offers that cleaning product, Beware though of lavender oil and bluebell.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BeccaT

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In the same boat: I LOVE scents! I do know basil is OK, and that Mrs. Meyers offers that cleaning product, Beware though of lavender oil and bluebell.
Thank you for telling me that basil is safe, and bluebell is not! I read about the lavender somewhere else, our swiffer stuff is lavender scented and I always make sure to keep her out of the area I just cleaned for a good while when I need to use it, but I know when we need refills not to get that scent in the future.