Safe Travels, Little Skittles...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I can't thank you all enough for your support. I'm still a little weepy, but...I know that I did what I could under the circumstances. I KNOW that she was beyond help when I found her. I KNOW that her passing was relatively peaceful, and that she was warm. And I know that the guilt I feel will pass, as soon as my head convinces my heart. But you all help. OH, how you help!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't thank you all enough for your support. I'm still a little weepy, but...I know that I did what I could under the circumstances. I KNOW that she was beyond help when I found her. I KNOW that her passing was relatively peaceful, and that she was warm. And I know that the guilt I feel will pass, as soon as my head convinces my heart. But you all help. OH, how you help!
These feelings are natural but you have nothing to feel guilty about. You were her only friend. You loved her and cared for her when no one else even glanced at her. If we lived in a perfect world, there would be no homeless/feral cats but we don't and there are. If every one of them could have a wish granted, it would be to have a friend like you. :hugs:

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
So so sad!
I am so sorry for your loss of Skittles. Just know that she was shown love and care all thanks to you. She has taken that love with her and left you with all her love. She will forever be grateful to you for loving her so much.
RIP Precious Skittles! You will always have a place in a loving heart.
You will be missed and remembered forever.

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Once upon a time, when the Dark Forest covered the whole Earth, there was a Msichana Mdogo (that, my friends stands for "little girl" in East Africa). She was so cute and lovely, than the Moon calls her to live on her Realm. Because the Msichana Mdogo cant refuse anyone, she went the the cabin of the Wise Man, to ask Him what she can do to go to the Moon.

The Wise Man knew that there is only one-way journey, and the little girl could not return to the Dark Forest ever. For we can master all that we know, but we cant master Time. At night, when was full moon, the Wise Man took black feathers of raven and made mighty wings for the little girl to fly to the Moon. She said "Beo Gesund!" to Wise Man, who's Soul cried, and flew to the Moon.

But you know, the little Girl loved the Dark Forest and the Wise Man so much, that she was sad, alone on the Moon. The Wise Man tears called the Time to bestow Him with the power to bring down the little girl to the Earth for one day only, to love any human who can understand the Law.

To hide the little girl from evil during her visit to Earth, the Time covered the little girl's body in fur, transformed her ears in pointing triangles and her eyes in shinny globes of light, gave her claws to defend, a tail to balance. For reasons He alone knew, Time gave her a blue bag to carry to the Moon a spark of the Soul of any loving and caring Human she meets.

So, century after century and day after day, more and more Soul Sparks populate the Moon, and play with Msichana Mdogo. That is why the Moon shines.

We cant master Time. but Love can do it.

===

Hugs and tears.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Once upon a time, when the Dark Forest covered the whole Earth, there was a Msichana Mdogo (that, my friends stands for "little girl" in East Africa). She was so cute and lovely, than the Moon calls her to live on her Realm. Because the Msichana Mdogo cant refuse anyone, she went the the cabin of the Wise Man, to ask Him what she can do to go to the Moon.

The Wise Man knew that there is only one-way journey, and the little girl could not return to the Dark Forest ever. For we can master all that we know, but we cant master Time. At night, when was full moon, the Wise Man took black feathers of raven and made mighty wings for the little girl to fly to the Moon. She said "Beo Gesund!" to Wise Man, who's Soul cried, and flew to the Moon.

But you know, the little Girl loved the Dark Forest and the Wise Man so much, that she was sad, alone on the Moon. The Wise Man tears called the Time to bestow Him with the power to bring down the little girl to the Earth for one day only, to love any human who can understand the Law.

To hide the little girl from evil during her visit to Earth, the Time covered the little girl's body in fur, transformed her ears in pointing triangles and her eyes in shinny globes of light, gave her claws to defend, a tail to balance. For reasons He alone knew, Time gave her a blue bag to carry to the Moon a spark of the Soul of any loving and caring Human she meets.

So, century after century and day after day, more and more Soul Sparks populate the Moon, and play with Msichana Mdogo. That is why the Moon shines.

We cant master Time. but Love can do it.

===

Hugs and tears.
Thanking you for sharing this amazing story which I hope may be of comfort and inspiration.
It is, of course, not related, but the "Song to the Moon" from Dvorak's opera "RUSALKA" is also very moving for me personally.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you all, so much. I still look for her when I put their supper out. It isn't as bad now, just...a shadow on my heart. But that shadow will remain for a long, long time, and her memory will remain always.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all, so much. I still look for her when I put their supper out. It isn't as bad now, just...a shadow on my heart. But that shadow will remain for a long, long time, and her memory will remain always.
How well I know, in so many, many instances. It's just our way of dealing with it until we are reunited, I believe.