Safe House Plants

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sooo.. Gracie and I have finally moved into our forever home . All is well apart from ex still being nasty ... another story .. Gracie settled in quite quickly this time (thank god ) . I have a big slightly empty living room and want to buy a large house plant for the corner . Are most safe for cats ? Is it just I think lilies which are not ? Have googled wanted feedback too x

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There’s a thread about this in another forum but I can’t find it:gaah:, so here’s a link to the ASPCA’s list of toxic and non-toxic houseplants. Where do you live and what kind of light and humidity do you have in your apartment? Heating in winter?

I was honestly surprised at the number of toxic plants as I have grown many of these with no problems. I think you have to consider how the toxity works, how much is toxic and whether your cats tend to eat plants. I used to have cats that would leave plants totally alone; now I have a crew that would chew up a cactus if I didn’t put bitter apple on it, so I have to be extra careful. YMMV.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you , I’m in the UK so mostly cold and raining so will need heating on in winter ! Currently having hot weather which has been consistent for once though !