Safe cleaning products?

sara729

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm trying to use mainly natural cleaning products but the problem I'm finding is that most natural cleaners are formulated with essential oils which from my understanding are toxic to cats. I've been loving Mrs. Meyers cleaning products specifically the all purpose concentrate so I can just refill glass bottles with the solution+water, but when I was reading the ingredients it included: citrus limon (lemon) peel oil, abies alba (fir) leaf oil, cymbopogon schoenanthus (lemongrass) oil. These weren't the first ingredients listed, and the solution is mixed with water so if properly diluted would this be safe to use around my cats? I love how well it cleans and that it is considered non-toxic but I want to make sure it's okay for cats too.

Also, any other safe cleaning products/tips for cats? Thanks!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vinegar is commonly used as a natural cleaner and can be infused with scents. I haven't tried it myself because my cat has asthma, so I don't use scents around her and use straight up vinegar, but someone I know loves doing this. Old citrus peels can be saved and infused in the vinegar for 2 weeks (put the peels in the vinegar), then strain out the peels. It is supposed to cut the vinegar smell out, and you are left with pleasant citrus smell.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
mamavation.com If you are not familiar with this site, take a look. There is a section on cleaners and on just about anything else that could be harming you or your pets. Look under "product investigation".