Sad news

Status
Not open for further replies.

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We lost our baby
I got Preeclampsia at 25.5 weeks and was admitted to the hospital, they transfered me to our local hospital that could handle babies born that young (our lady of lourdes in camden NJ). I lasted another week at the hospital but had to have a c-section on thanksgiving at 26.5 weeks because my platlet count was dropping and my blood presure was rising, they were worried my blood wouldn't clot. The baby was doing really well, she was breathing on her own and I got to hear her cry when she was born, but she started to have bleeding in her brain two days after she was born. I'm so heart broken. I have been staying at my parents house since I was released from the hospital. Preeclampsia has so many unknowns and I don't know if I will be able to carry a baby full term. I just wanted to let you guys know.

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Princess Purr. I'm so so sorry. That's devastating. Please know that I am praying for you.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Val, I remember your posts about how much you wanted to have a baby, and I am so extremely sorry that this terrible tragedy has occurred. I'm sending super powerful prayers to you, your husband and the entire family to help you all find comfort and strength during this very difficult time.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so deeply sorry for your loss. During my career, I cared for many patients pre-term/delivery and post-delivery with pre-eclampsia, it can be hard to get under control sometimes.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no! I am so sorry, this must be so hard for you. You're in my prayers...

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, I had pre-eclampsia too, but I was able to carry to 34 weeks. I wish there was something I could do for you. PM me if you need to talk. Please be assured that our hearts and thoughts are with you.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am truly very, very sorry!
I don't know what to say that will ease your pain, but you are in my thoughts and prayers.

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Princess Purr, I keep thinking about you and I really am just so sorry. I know I can't imagine the pain you're going through, right now, but I am thinking about you and praying for you and your family. Here are a lot of hugs from me and from everyone else here at TCS:

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Val-

If you want to talk to someone who has been there, you can PM me-

I am so incredibly sorry. I know how badly you both wanted this to work-

chixyb

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am extremely sorry to hear about this, I understand how hard this must be for you, although I do not have a child yet. This isn't quite the same, but we had a friend who suffers from Grand Mal seizures, they had a baby girl and at 4 years old she was diagnosed with brain cancer and later died. It has been about 4 years since then and they just had a new baby boy, amazingly the doctor said she could never have a baby again because of the seizures. Although this must be intensly hard for you, we are all here for you and things will get easier with time, but you will never forget.

mrsd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about your little daughter.
Prayers and love to your family in this tough tough time.
mrsd

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so so so very sorry to hear this! I will light a candle for your little babygirl and you and your family.
I wish I could do something for you, that would make you feel better, or put a little smile on your face. I send you my best and biggest hug.
If you want to talk, please dont hesitate.

Status
Not open for further replies.