Sad news!

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry that Oreo is missing her kittens, but it's great news that she delivered naturally and didn't need a section.  Hopefully she will quickly recover and be fit for spaying.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oreocookie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OK, I officially have a cat on crack, LOL!!  She is playing with her toys so much now!!  She still walks around meowing all night, however the intensity of the meow has become far less.  I think she may be coming into heat because she is VERY loving, rolling all over and when we pet her she now shoves her rump in the air and "takes the position"
  I have asked the vet how soon we can do a spay and was told she can be done as soon as she puts some weight on (vet said at this rate within a month).  I look forward to this because I will not allow her to go outdoors and she is not agreeing with me on this, she keeps trying to get out the door when I go out 
.  I think spaying her will stop her from wanting out so much?  Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know she is doing amazing, all things considered, and I have no reason to think she will not continue to improve!! 

I look forward to having her spayed, micro chipped and vaccinated (vet only did rabies due to pregnancy and body condition) and to enjoy the next 16 or more years with this little girl

rafm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm glad she doing better! It does sound like she's going into heat, keep a close eye on her, kitties are terribly good at sneaking out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oreocookie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will, I told her NO KITTENS
.  Honestly, after reading some of the pain others have been going through It may have been a blessing in disguise that her babies did not survive!  There are soooo many kittens in this world who will never grow up, never know a warm couch/bed to cuddle up on and never find a forever home that hers may just be better off not having survived
  I see it as my job to ensure she NOT GET PREGNANT ever again!!!!!!!

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like she might be starting to call again.  She will get pregnant again if she gets out.  If she manages to give you the slip best thing is go straight to the vet, tell him / her she has been out and ask for her to be spayed ASAP.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she's in heat and you're afraid she'll get out it's best to keep her in her own room so there's no possible way she can sneak out.

thekatsaysmeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oreo gave birth last night to three still born kittens, they were not full term.  She is doing well health wise, however she will not stop walking from one end to the other of the house crying.  I think she is looking for her babies, the cry is VERY loud and desperate sounding!!  I have been trying to give her as much attention and love as I can, but nothing I do seems to be helping her to just stop pacing!  I seriously wonder if she may not need a tranquilizer??????  Any idea how long she may act like this before realizing her kittens are gone?  This is breaking my heart as well as hers!!!!!!!!!!!  I asked the vet about allowing her to foster babies, but they said it was  bad idea because of her poor body condition :(

Usually it'll take her 3 days to realize that her kittens are gone
I'm sooo sorry that this has happened I was hoping the vet was wrong atleast
About one of the kittens, but I'm glad to h hear shes gdoing good