"Sacrifices" and concessions you've made...(fun thread)

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
My king size bed, which apparently is still too small for three cats to properly stretch out on, :rolleyes: and fresh flowers. I used to buy them all the time but once the 3 Amigos came along, there was no place safe enough to keep them from being knocked over or eaten.

ara11

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Since Luna (and I ) lost Puma, I hate to leave her for more than 4 days even with her daily visiting cat sitter. She is almost 13 years old and I stopped explaining to people why I don't like long vacations. On the other hand, this cat does sleep through the night and doesn't wake me for breakfast so there is hope for all you kitten parents.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
-Weekend trips. The cats eat raw so I can't just leave a bunch of that out.
-Christmas tree. I always wanted my own tree when I had my own place. But I always wanted my own cats with my own place so that's more important for sure lol.
-Personal space and free time. Our 3 cats are just so needy and love cuddles. So of course I have to stop what I'm doing to hold them. <3

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are no more large rugs in our house. When Casper was alive, he was prone to throwing up daily and it just got to be too gross cleaning up after him. Having him barf on the wood floors was much easier to deal with, especially since they are old and not in great condition so I didn't really care much about what happened to them. Now that he's passed, we never bothered getting new ones because we found it was a lot easier keeping the house clean without them anyway. Much easier to grab the Swifter than drag out the vacuum cleaner.

I've also packed away a lot of precious knick knacks when our kitten Luna arrived. Even now, she finds things to mess with I didn't think of (low hanging artwork for instance that she can climb up to touch). Hopefully we'll be able to bring out all those pretty things again one day.

The house also never quite looks neat. There are cat toys strewn all over the 1st floor at all times. And the chairs are covered so that they don't get covered in fur (thankfully the couch is leather). I don't even care about that though. To me it's like having kids in the house. It is what it is.

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
Anywhere I sleep. Seriously!

My cat, Sammy, was born in my bathtub. His mother was a stray but would never let us take her inside. And man, it was like if she saw a carrier, she BOOKED it, but she trusted us. So Sadie (which is what we named her) came running to our door when she was ready to give birth. We ended up keeping the only kitten that survived. Sadie was not maternal at all. She started attacking him, to the point where eventually she found her own way out of the house. So from the time Sammy was small, I was mommy -- basically. He'd take naps with me and I guess as he got older (...and bigger, so much bigger guys...) he decided I was still 'comfortable' to lay on.

It's okay. It's my life now. I'm cool with it =D

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
I've sacrificed having a clean apartment all the time. I live in 400 square feet. Cat toys are everywhere. Cat litter gets dragged all over the apartment. I'd be cleaning constantly if I really wanted to keep on top of it, but I also have a life.
I feel the litter part on such an intense level lol

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Blankets. Every time I buy a new blanket, Queen Lilith claims it. I bought one from Kohl's recently. It is big and extra soft. I washed it and put it on the bed. I use it as a throw blanket. As soon as it was on the bed, she made herself a nest out of it. When I went to bed, I tried to use some of it and promptly got yelled at. I had to go find a different one. :rolleyes2::lol:

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My kitchen table... my bathtub is usually filled with their toys since I start new kittens or cats out in my bathroom.
20200117_164913.jpg

Take a CLOSE look at the green track a ball..
They bring any mouse they catch to the bathtub to play with it. Mouse learned it was a great, safe place to hide.
Having house presentable for visitors, litter boxes and cat trees etc. are all over the place. Plants.

But that's ok, cause I love them all. My life would be pretty empty without them...

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sacrifices:
-We chose to live with our doors to the courtyard closed, even in summertime, to prevent our cats from going out and facing risks. We did this for 16 years with Lola and Pallina. Now we're at it again with the new kitten we have.
-Cats have always had a priority on my businesses, so they eat before I do, get sorted before I do, and so on.
-When Lola was sick I gave up sleeping more than 5 hours per night, and having lunch (I would only have dinner), because she would need me to be syringe fed several times a day from very early in the morning to midnight.
-For both of them I took dozens hours off work (unpaid) to take them to the vet when needed.
-I squandered a fortune in tests, surgeries and treatments.

Concessions:
-I allowed them to do whatever they wanted to.

Last edited:

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
My kitchen table... my bathtub is usually filled with their toys since I start new kittens or cats out in my bathroom.View attachment 321058
Take a CLOSE look at the green track a ball..
They bring any mouse they catch to the bathtub to play with it. Mouse learned it was a great, safe place to hide.
Having house presentable for visitors, litter boxes and cat trees etc. are all over the place. Plants.

But that's ok, cause I love them all. My life would be pretty empty without them...
My kittens love the bath tub too :crackup:they also haul toys in there! I didn’t put them in the bathroom for any reason, they just like the tub🤷🏻‍♀️😆

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are eyeglasses a sacrifice? Because mine get picked up and moved around by the most enchanting creature. Oh, and being forced to cuddle with the same cute, adorable, fuzzy, sweet horrible little creature...what do you call them? Kittens! Yeah, I have to bear the burden of that, too. Me of all people! Somebody has to do it...:lol:

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yue uses my hair brush to groom her beard. I bought another hair brush. She didn't want it. It doesn't smell like me. I use the second brush most of the time, but here and there I'll still use my first brush that's got her white hairs all over it, so that the stink refreshes. I'll also wear a head scarf for a day or two and then throw it at her. Human stink it her catnip. She used to walk around the house wearing my used undies in Phoenix in the summer, because she rolled around in them until she got stuck.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Currently we aren't getting decent sleep. Tommy is ill and we're trying to get a hold on it. He's hyperthyroid and has a heart murmur and we're hoping to get his liver enzymes down with the thyroid medication. When he decides to spray something because he's upset about taking medication or when I have to use the Petzlife on his teeth (he can't go anesthesia currently) we get upset with having to clean it up, but not with him.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, and also creamer lids practically when you turn your back 😆. And not being able to hug or kiss your spouse because the kittens get jealous? And not turn over in bed because they attack your feet-so, yeah-we sacrifice a lot 😁💕🐱
Or when you take too long sharing your food with them and then get scolded. Loudly.

Sararainmaker

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have been "sleeping" on the floor in the office for the past 5 nights, (since she got home from surgery to remove foreign bodies from her stomach and intestines), so that I can monitor her as well as make sure she is keeping her e-collar on. I haven't gotten more than 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep in that time. I will likely be sleeping in here until it's time for her collar to come off next week sometime.

It's totally been worth it, as I have been able to care for her, encourage her to eat and drink and monitor her bathroom habits and activity to make sure she is recovering well and not getting too active that she tears her internal or external sutures.