Sabrina crossed the Bridge tonight

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your wonderful and comforting replies, they are a HUGE help to us.

This morning I got up a little after 5:00 to go to the bathroom and then feed them and it was like someone had a DVD in my head and pressed "play", I immediately got the impression that she is fine now, just fine, that she had to go through that horrible ending to get to where she needed to be, just like in Steve Miller's song "Jet Airliner" where he sings "you've got to go through Hell before you get to Heaven", that she was sick and there wasn't anything that would've helped even 4 months ago, and that we shouldn't be upset, we had nothing to be upset about, that she knew we were upset because our hearts were broken but don't be because she is in a wonderful place but this was wonderful too. And hours later as I was making the bed I flipped around the TV and Joel Olsteen was on talking about someone in biblical times that his brothers were jealous of him, threw him in a pit to die but then instead sold him into slavery, but years later he become ruler of some land, and he never regretted what had happened, never lost his faith, because he realized that he HAD to go through that to get where he needed to be.

If that wasn't proof right there I don't know what is!!

But it is still hurtful, still tough, your mind is trying to process it and it will cause the bad memories to rise up here and there, but also these good thoughts and signs are coming through to help ease the pain, make sense of it all, and allow us to heal knowing that she is fine now, no health issues, playing with her brother Skipper and her babaies that she hasn't seen in 14 years and her mother cat but will patiently wait for us as well as ALL of our little creatures that have passed before her, they also are all just fine, and when we meet again one day it will be tears of joy, not sadness and broken hearts.

THANK YOU ALL for your love and support :rbheart: :angel: :grouphug:

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched some Youtube videos from a woman that is a pet communicator and she was very well spoken and it was very interesting, and she said that cats live in the moment and really have no idea of what "forgiveness" is, said that many people including myself ask the pet to "forgive" them for not seeing this or that earlier or doing this or that and she said the animals are bewildered and don't understand what that means because she said they all plan when they are going to die, it is no surprise to them and it is just the way that it is, it is mapped out and they are just following the script and said she has yet to communicate with an animal that has crossed over that said "hey, I wasn't supposed to go yet, I wanted to stay", so that is quite the interesting body of information there.

We are processing it all yet, having some down moments and then trying to accept it and come to terms with it, it takes time as you all know, but we just keep telling each other that she is fine now, actually in a better place then we all are here.....:rbheart:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm terribly sorry les26 les26 , I know how much you and Deb are devoted to your cats, how much you do for them, how much love you pour on them.
Sabrina knew all this and will never forget the sea of love that would surround her, and she will tell all the other cats at the Bridge how lucky she was to spend her life with you. She will never forget you, just like you will never forget her.
RIP Sabrina :redheartpump:

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm terribly sorry les26 les26 , I know how much you and Deb are devoted to your cats, how much you do for them, how much love you pour on them.
Sabrina knew all this and will never forget the sea of love that would surround her, and she will tell all the other cats at the Bridge how lucky she was to spend her life with you. She will never forget you, just like you will never forget her.
RIP Sabrina :redheartpump:
This is beautiful, thank you......

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry I didn't see your post and tribute earlier. My heartfelt sympathies go out to you and your wife, Deb, on the passing of your beautiful calico, Sabrina. :hugs: She found her forever home with you and those memories will live on in your heart. Your kindness and compassion helped her to live for 13 long years and now she is at peace. RIP sweet angel.:angel:

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry I didn't see your post and tribute earlier. My heartfelt sympathies go out to you and your wife, Deb, on the passing of your beautiful calico, Sabrina. :hugs: She found her forever home with you and those memories will live on in your heart. Your kindness and compassion helped her to live for 13 long years and now she is at peace. RIP sweet angel.:angel:
Thank you for this wonderful message. She actually had 14 years with us, she was one of several that lived outside in the cat "condos" that I built for them years ago before we took them inside. Deb was remembering yesterday how Sabrina hated the cold and the snow, how she used to lift her paws up when she had to walk in it and that's just about when as Deb said "that's it, we're bringing them all in" and we did lol!

But she is not cold now or too hot, it is PURRFECT where she is and all of the others that live there too. :) :rbheart:

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Deb picked me up after work today, she had off and had her car, my 1987 Bronco is getting work done so we are car pooling. When we pulled into the garage I listened to a voicemail, the vet called and said that Sabrina's ashes were ready, so after working 9.5 hours on the road we turned right around and went and picked them up.

She is home now, where she belongs....