Sabrina Bullying Her Sisters...

Crazycatlady1129

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sabrina has recently started bullying my other two cats- but only when I give them their canned food! It doesn't matter how much I give her- she will gobble it down super fast and then run over to Sheridan and Serenity and knock them away from their plates and start scarfing theirs down. I've tried separating them into different rooms, but Sheridan won't eat if she is locked up and Serenity is a grazer. I've tried standing over them to stop the behavior, but once again, Serenity is a grazer. She comes and goes. And while Sabrina will walk away when I'm standing there, as soon as Serenity goes back for more, there goes Sabrina. Does anyone have any suggestions for how can I curb this behavior? Sabrina has started gaining a lot of weight, and I'm worried it will affect her health.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A slow feeder for Sabrina might help. Besides standing guard between their food & hers while she eats or locking her out? ... I'm out of suggestions.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Crazycatlady1129

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys. :) I'll look into a slow feeder and try keeping Sabrina in the bedroom until her sisters are done eating. I'll let you know if it works. danteshuman danteshuman do you know any good brands of slow feeders for canned food? Or maybe an interactive feeder for her dry?

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She certainly has a fabulous name! You have very good taste!

Have you considered the microchip feeders? They can be programmed to only open for a certain microchip or special collar tag. If Serenity is the only grazer and Sheridan will eat all the food in one sitting, then Serenity could eat out of the microchip feeder and Sabrina could be locked up just until Sheridan is done. The feeders are pricey but they work very well and it doesn't seem to take long for cats to get used to using them.