?'s about older cat's health and behavior

katie's dad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the great site and letting me join your ranks.

Katie, my 13 year old, healthy, gorgeous-grey and white: Persian and Calico???, about 10lbs, outside (never used a litter box) potty trained, still hunts actively for Birds, Rodents or whatever we tell her to go get when she turns her nose up at her food, typically feed her "Nine Lives," found in foothills of Reno, NV at 2 to 3 weeks old, last living member of her family who were killed by Coyote.....Blah, Blah, Blah, needless to say she is the bestest cat in the universe.

?????'s

1) She ocasionally seems distracted (maybe just a new chapter in her enigmatic personality)--is their anything I should look for?

2) Diet suppliments our "cat folks" might recommend??

3) Any and all other suggestions you guys might have....

Thanks again, aloha nui ka ko----KATIE'S DAD....

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Hi Katie's dad and welcome!

Well, Katie is not a little girl anymore. When did she have her last medical check-up? When you say she looks distracted, do you mean she's less active or less playful? It could be old age setting in, but I think you may want to consider a medical checl-up, just to make sure.

You feed her 9-lives - which formula? I think they have a special formula for senior cats, don't they? I would get her on a special senior formula with less protein.

Her life-story sounds interesting. Can you please tell us some more? I heard thar coyotes can be quite dangerous for cats - we don't have any where I live (Israel). How did she survive?

Thanks for joining us!

Anne

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes your story does sound interesting, and thanks for joining us here!

Nine Lives does make a senior canned cat food, that would be a good idea.

We also have coyotes here, at night I hear them howling in the timber behind our house, but so far they have never bothered the cats, but i also have two dogs who probably keep them away.