Russian Blue, Korat, or just a big goofy grey cat.

brewmenn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is Prince. He's close to 5 years old. He lives with me because his original owner is not able to care for him right now.

Just curious what the experts think he looks like. I had originally thought he was a Russian Blue, until I learned more about cat breeds. I think he looks, and acts more like a Korat based on what I've read, but I know that's unlikely as they are rare.

And I know in the end it doesn't matter since he doesn't have papers and he's just my big goofy grey cat.

KIMG0173.JPG

KIMG0171.JPG
KIMG0030_09_BURST1000030.JPG

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Prince is a very handsome fellow! Of course, I'm partial to blue cats :redheartpump:

I would describe Prince as a blue domestic shorthair. From his pictures, I'm not seeing a strong resemblance to either of those breeds you mentioned. The blue color is the result of doubling up on two recessive genes, solid (non-tabby) and dilute (blue), that are common in the domestic cat population. Prince's parents could have been almost any color as long as they were carriers of those recessives. Most cats are not any particular breed, and it's unlikely Prince has specific breed ancestry... but that doesn't make him any less gorgeous or special! He looks like a wonderful goofy gray guy to have as a friend :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yep. Events over the past few months (not just covid) have resulted in us becoming best buds.
Yes. A nice example also adult cats do attach to a new owner. If the new owner is kind, caretaking and friendly to the adult or even older cat, they do attach and bond, and give their full friendship. :)

Its a myth they must be kittens to bond for real.