Russian Blue, Korat Or Chartreux?

hgrg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there, I bought my cat from an owner that didn't seem to know anything about the cat as she claimed she got it from her friend. The cat did not come with any papers stating her breed so i am assuming she is not pedigree however she is a very beautiful cat and definitely has some strong features that are really similar to breeds such as the Russian Blue, Korat and Chartreux. I cant seem to determine what breed she is actually related to so i thought someone on here would kindly help identify her. She is small to medium sized and has short, thick blue/grey fur with big, round, yellowy-green eyes. If anyone could help give an opinion on her breed it would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

2ac.JPG
3ac.JPG
1ac.jpeg

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Most probably a nice domestic. You can always call her for a Maltese cat.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, a gorgeous blue Domestic Shorthair! You can also call her a Maltese cat, which is another name for a blue cat of indeterminate breed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hgrg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ah! Thank you very much. Does this mean she is not related to any of the breeds such as Russian Blue, Korat, Chartreux or can she still be identified as a descendant of one of them?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
We think she is a random one without any nearby connections to these breeds.
Such does happens!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hgrg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cheers.