Runaway Cat

Tommat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This isa question that has haunted me;
My daughters cat had a litter, three female and one male. The kittens were contained via a child gate to one room in her house. One day the gate fell and struck the male kitten in the head at about 2 weeks old. It definitely dazed him. He did not readily nurse, so we hand fed the kitten. We adopted the kitten when he was old enough to wean and named him Rambo as he was somewhat aggressive in play. He would setup ambushes for me or our Yorkie. The two of them played very well together. We even took Rambo camping with us several times, which he seemed to enjoy. He loved riding in cars. I had to rescue him out of trees several times. He would climb high and not know how to get down. We live on mountain acreage that is fully treed.
He was about 2+ years old when he disappeared the first time. We looked everywhere for a couple of months and finally a gentleman who lived some 5 miles above us recognized Rambo from one of the lost notices we had put up.
Rambo appeared happy to be home as he was his old self within a couple of days.
Then about a month latter, he again disappeared. It has been more than a year and have not seen or heard anything. It is possible that a coyote or bobcat may have gotten him.
I got very attached to Rambo and just can’t reconcile why he would run off. I am still heart broken and miss him very much.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. So sorry about Rambo. Cats are very inquisitive - and if they are comfortable being outside, there is much more interest in things around them and a greater desire to continue their 'trek' onward, than there is fear.

For all you know, he is 5 miles the other way living with someone who didn't want to give him up.

Wish I had more comforting words for you... :alright:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tommat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. So sorry about Rambo. Cats are very inquisitive - and if they are comfortable being outside, there is much more interest in things around them and a greater desire to continue their 'trek' onward, than there is fear.

For all you know, he is 5 miles the other way living with someone who didn't want to give him up.

Wish I had more comforting words for you... :alright:
Thank you. Rambo was very inquisitive and lived the outdoors. He was always exploring. Usually, all we had to do was clap our hands and he came running.
He was the most fun. I am 67 and that made me laugh all day!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. Sorry, though, that it's sadness about Rambo that brought you here. I can only imagine how difficult it must be not knowing what happened to him. :hugs:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so, so sorry. Although we can never know for sure, short of him turning up again, there is a good chance that he is fine, living with someone who doesn't let him out. Cats are remarkably resilient, even under very harsh circumstances. But not knowing just breaks our hearts, doesn't it?