Rubbing paw on the wall??

opithecat

Cat Dad
Young Cat
Purraise
Why does my little guy rub his right paw on the wall every time he’s done using the litter box ? cleaning his paws from litter?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Just continuing his covering maybe. Sometimes they will paw at the side of the box or on the floor next to the box to cover. In the case of your guy, maybe he is using the wall to do the same.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

opithecat

Cat Dad
Young Cat
Purraise
Just continuing his covering maybe. Sometimes they will paw at the side of the box or on the floor next to the box to cover. In the case of your guy, maybe he is using the wall to do the same.
I never thought about it that way. Thank u.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many cats do this if the wall is right next to the box. Or they "cover" just outside the litterbox, or up the side walls of the inside of the litterbox esp if it is covered. Just a funny little habit cats have that make them weird and adorable.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine scratch at the wall, the bathroom scale, the floor, the filing cabinet next to the box. They're very thorough!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Feeby paws at the wall, the floor, the inside walls of the box - all of those mostly before she bothers covering up her stuff in the actual litter! If you do move the box away from the wall, I would be willing to bet he starts pawing at the floor or the box sides instead!! He might even go to the wall and paw anyway! If he is young, he might stop eventually, but Feeby is 15+ and has always done it.