Royal canine bengal

Suljas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,
Anyone has any feedback on royal canine bengal kibbles?
Are they any good compared to other brands.

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
RC is all around poor quality, outside of a few very specific foods intended for short term feeding, like recovery; doesn’t make those foods good quality, just makes them necessary. Breed specific food is an expensive gimmick.
You’re best off feeding an all wet food or raw diet, as that’s what specifies appropriate, as cats have evolved to get the majority of their water from their food. Kibble is also typically very high in carbs and has poor quality sources of protein and fat.

If you’re on a budget, non-fish Fancy Feast classics and American Journey are serviceable. Some good brands to have in rotation, assuming you’re in the states, that are more expensive include non-fish Tiki Cat, especially Tiki Cat After Dark, Ziwi Peak, and Instinct (pick out the whole peas).

ETA: Wasn’t your Bengal on raw? I’d go back to it, best thing for her. If allergies are still suspected, feed a protein that isn’t chicken.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Suljas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mine was on raw until she had bad ear yeast infection where source cannot be identified. So we skipped raw as per vet advice and am feeding single protein chicken kibbles for now. After 3 mths, the ears are better. Vet says we can feed cooked chicken as treat but when feeding raw as main with liver and hearts, we used Alnutrin supplements. Ans any thing from the supplement could have triggered a reaction. So next dull MTH on kibbles onle before we star testing other food. We have narrowed the allergy to seafood for now. But we not sure as well for 100%

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Suljas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Fancy feast beef as well chicken patte gave her bad itches.

Lazy Orange House Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My little guy thrives on Royal Canin, and its in the rotation of foods I feed the rest of the colony, too. They all love it and do well with it. The Aging 12 really encourages my eldest to eat better. Never feed Bengal food, that said; we're a crowd of rescues here.