Royal canin hydrolyzed protein canned/wet

Catmom1234567890

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My vet just prescribed this for my kitty. I can’t seem to find canned version. Only dry kibble is available. Does Royal canin make hydrolyzed wet food?

GeoDjay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They don't make a hydrolyzed wet food. They do have wet food with selected proteins: peas and each of duck, rabbit, and venison.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catmom1234567890

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was told by chewy rep that Royal canin gastrointestinal is HP. It is so confusing. I’m getting different answers from everyone I inquire.

GeoDjay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was told by chewy rep that Royal canin gastrointestinal is HP. It is so confusing. I’m getting different answers from everyone I inquire.
RC gastrointestinal is different from HP. HP is from their food elimination trial veterinary diet line, while gastrointestinal is from their digestive health veterinary diet line. As far as I'm aware, their digestive health line uses protein sources that are not hydrolyzed. (I'm getting the info from their website: Cat Veterinary Products - Royal Canin) You can contact RC's customer service or get in touch with them on Twitter as they're very responsive there.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you need the food for food allergy issues, you can skip it and just feed a limited ingredient type novel protein diet instead. There are a few commercially available brands available in both canned and dry:

BLUE Basics® Limited Ingredient Cat Food | Blue Buffalo
Limited Ingredient Diet - Grain Free Cat | Merrick Pet Care
Cat Food - Limited Ingredient Diet - Kohapet
Instinct Limited Ingredient Diet | Instinct Pet Food
Minimally Processed Natural Cat Food Archives | RAWZ

It's ok to disagree with the vet about food :agree:

Sajast

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No wet food for cats in that formula. My girl was recently prescribed this as well so we could get her on more of a “blank slate” and gradually try novel proteins via canned food. Rabbit has already been vetoed by her immune system. I did try adding warm water to the kibble and letting it soak for about 10 minutes. Smells like vomit but she dug in lol.