Royal Canin Gastrointestinal Food Has Changed Formula's

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The feline gastrointestinal fiber response has changed formulas with the new bag. My cat gets major diarrhea from it now after being on it for couple of years. I am awaiting a bag of regular gastrointestinal which also has changed. I can only hope the reg version is tolerated as they also eat that one for a couple of years.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ugh, I hate when cat food companies do that. You might be able to find some stores with the old formula and transition onto the new. It might help.

louisstools

1 cat with me, 1 in heaven
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Man, I got word a few days ago Purina was re-formulating things too. Hills's website says they are re-formulating things too. Seems like everyone is changing things up. Going to be a lot of upset kitty's and kitty guardians for the next six months or so as we deal with these transitions.

Timmer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was giving that to my cats and noticed the bag changed but I didn't notice the ingredient change. I give my cats like only a little bit a day. Not even quarter cup. It seems to still work OK for us, so maybe feed less or mix it with non gastro?

Myoga

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How do you know the formula was changed. I spoke to them because I am having the same problem. They said the last time it was changed was in 2021

Myoga

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The feline gastrointestinal fiber response has changed formulas with the new bag. My cat gets major diarrhea from it now after being on it for couple of years. I am awaiting a bag of regular gastrointestinal which also has changed. I can only hope the reg version is tolerated as they also eat that one for a couple of years.
Has it helped?

Myoga

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has it helped?
How do you know the formula was changed? I spoke to them because I am having the same issue and they said it hasn’t been changed since 2021

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I emailed them and the first time they denied it, the second time they said they changed both, this is this year....I still have a old bags that expire this month which was old stock sold to me... I gave away the new formulated fiber response and I have not yet tried the new formulated regular gastrointestinal yet...

My cats could never eat anything else, diarrhea, constipation...uti....but somehow I found out they can eat hills urinary dry food and have no problems...So I just sprinkle very little vet food with it and that is why my vet food is going to expire this month...After 5 years of it I found something else they can eat

Last edited: