Rottie/Doggie folk, what is she?

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's so cute. I love black and tan dogs.
I would say she's a rottweiler/shepherd/lab mix.
or she is a smaller rottweiler. I have seen small rotties like her. but I don't think she has min pin in her.
honestly,
I don't think you should lie about her breed just so she gets adopted faster.

people need to do their research if she is a rottie maybe a vet could have a better guess on what she is? who knows? All I know she is so freakin' cute.
but I don't see beagle at all. the ears would be longer.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm gonna guess that girl is a pure Heinz 57
I've always wondered why it is that we try to assign breeds to a dog, but are happy to just call a cat a DSH? no offense meant by it, just always wondered why we do that. like in the case of this gorgeous girl, it's almost impossible to identify what breeds she's got mixed in her, why not just call her cute!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's the thing. We get like e-mails & calls, etc. Rottie rescues have contacted us saying that we shouldn't list her as a Rottie, they don't think she is one!

So, we're trying to pick a breed or two(I prefer two as you never know what people are looking for) to list her as. We waited like a week to list her as we had no idea what breeds to choose!

So, in theory she could be a purebred Rottie?(big "in theory" there!) I just fear the inevitable when people will start inquiring about a "Miniature Rottweiler" because I know it's bound to happen!

gomer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

That's the thing. We get like e-mails & calls, etc. Rottie rescues have contacted us saying that we shouldn't list her as a Rottie, they don't think she is one!

So, in theory she could be a purebred Rottie?(big "in theory" there!) I just fear the inevitable when people will start inquiring about a "Miniature Rottweiler" because I know it's bound to happen!
I think it's really snooty of the rott rescues to say she's not a rottie. How do they know? Did they meet her parents? She could be a very small, very poorly bred rottweiler. There are 'breeders' (I use the term loosely) that aim for 'mini rotts'. My Frau is only 65 lbs. I know a woman with a 50 lb purebred rott that is overweight! Just like people breed way oversized rotts, there are those who go the other way. But it is more likely that she's a combination of this that and the other thing.

Good luck finding a home for her, I think she's very cute regardless of what she is.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks like a Kelpie mix to me with maybe some Rottie in her.
Whatever she is she's pretty!!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boy, I'm really seeing those ears as Lab. Plus, I have a puppy that has black spots on the tongue and did a lot of research and discovered that a LOT of breeds have black spots on the tongue. Including labs. The only thing about labeling her as a terrier is the Pit Bull thing.

But I do think the feet look more terrier like...are they webbed like a labs? They don't look like it...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I honestly never thought to look to see if her feet were webbed!
I do not think they are.....but will have to check Saturday.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea I see some lab in the ears too! She's adorable!
We have a lot of rottie mixes at work (work at a doggy daycare) and all of them have a tail that curls up its pretty cute actually. Maybe just a not so pretty lab and a not so pretty rottie? LoL or just a mutt. Mutts are cute!

louisa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
omg she looks just like my dog when i was younger ill have to dig out some pics he was a rottie cross black labrador yes these dogs where planned by my uncle
although that was about 10 years ago now he is married hes wife wont even let him have a dog... which i think is a good idea any way i think she is a rottie/lab very good looking dog!!!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks a bit like my sisters RottieX Zac. He's from a Rottie/English Staffy & Rottie/German Shepherd.

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She definately got Rotti in her.. I have or HAD 2 Rottis,, I only have one now..

I would assume she is a RottiX, mixed with a smaller animal, almost like a min pin, but not really, because of colors and markings..