Roomie neglects cat now wants to take him

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
There is no strong bond with the cat. If he cared at ALL for the animal, he would feed it and make sure it had water.

Emotional trauma may explain, but never justifies, the abuse or neglect of another living soul.

If he can't be responsible, he shouldn't own a cat. I do understand the compassion here, but I do worry for the cat in question

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Gunslinga Gunslinga , I understand how your heart aches for your friend, but he is an adult, even if a low-functioning adult. He has shown a complete disregard for the welfare of this cat, who now knows you as the ONLY living being in his life that he can count on. He is the true innocent in all of this, and his welfare must come first. It is not a case of if he loves this cat...he may, or may not, to the best of his ability. The case is, can he properly care for this cat, and the answer to that is, without question, NO. Please realize that releasing this cat back to him is almost certainly signing the cat's death warrant. Your friend may even cry when he neglects him to death, but the cat will be just as dead. Being very blunt here. Did not want to be misunderstood in any way.