romantic behavior?

kerri

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have 2 cats, a 4 year old neutered male and a 7 month old spayed female. I have never had more than one cat at a time before and love to watch them interact. I am wondering what kind of a relationship they have. They are inseperable! They groom each other frequently and swat at each other a lot, and have lengthy conversations that don't include me. Since they are both fixed, is there any chance that this is a "romantic" relationship or is it more of a "family" situation? What do you think?

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is just family behavior. There is no romantic in cats...believe me, I have seen cats mate!! If they get along then they become close and similar to litter mates. All the loving and caring is sweet and I love to watch it. This is why we tell people 2 cats are better than one. They keep each other company all day while we are out and about.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Yeah, that's how littermates usually bond.

It's amazing to think that for centuries cats were considered to be solitary unsocial animals! Anyone looking at a his kitties at home or even at a colony of ferals outside can immdiately see the interactions. They are so sweet together!