Robbie and Max

robbie watson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all. My name's Robbie, and I'd like to introduce you to Max, my tabby. He is sitting on his very own chair, and uses the legs on it to sharpen his claws. It was junked, so I don't mind. lol

I went to visit a neighbor, and they had two kittens. One had the run of the house, but Max was being held captive inside a large blue tote, with NO cat litter, and being fed just tuna fish and milk. He was just 4 weeks old.

I asked the people if, indeed, they really wanted the little one in the tote, and they answered no. So I carefully asked if I could have him.  They readily agreed and brought him to me after giving me time to get a  litter box and good food and a water bowl.  Thing is, this poor little guy stunk to high heaven, having to stay in feces and urine. So...the first thing on our agenda was a good bath.  Then water. He drank and drank, as tho he had never tasted water.

I showed him the litter box, and took his front paws in my hands and made like scratching in the litter. It only took ONE time, and he knew how to do it.  He ate Kitten Chow at first but when he was  a bit older, I had him neutered and his rabies shots, and started him on canned cat food.  I knew that dry food really doesn't have the moisture that cats need.

Now Max is three years old, and is really thriving. He follows me to every room, and sleeps with me every night. He's also my "watchcat" as he hears cars pull up or the outer door open and goes to investigate. He's really very bright.  If he gets bored with his cat toys, he has made up games to play with me. We interact a lot.  He will not touch anyones bare legs if they are wearing shorts. A real gentleman. lol

I trim his claws myself, and have never once hurt him.  Around four pm is his supper time, and he'll come to me and he'll say "Mow?" Just like that. It sounds very near the word Now, and I look at the clock and sure enough, it is his time to eat! He's quite gentle, and quiet, and very very dear to my heart. Quite intelligent also.

Hope you all enjoyed reading about my Max. He's the only man in my heart! lol

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Max sounds like a real sweetheart!  And he is very handsome.  So glad for both of you that you rescued him.  Poor guy - what a terrible beginning to life.  Welcome to TCS!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

robbie watson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you much for your welcoming myself and Max to the site. You may also like to know that each morning, Max wakes me at 4:30 a.m. to feed him by tickling my cheek with his whiskers! lol Then at 4:30 p.m. he wants feeding again, after a good play time. ( I think he's quite the handsome fella myself, but then I am a bit biased. lol).  I am going to enjoy being on this new place.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Max is so handsome, he sounds like a sweet heart too.

Nice to have you both on The Cat Site.

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome , Max is awesome . Thank you for rescuing him ..