Ripple, 2003-2014

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh Angela, I can feel your pain.

It is utterly heartbreaking and all I can say is I understand, and things will get better.

You can know that holding her in your arms as she left this world was a blessing for her, and for you.

RIP Beautiful Ripple

Last edited:

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your words brought tears to my eyes.  I am so sorry.  So very, very sorry.  You will be in my prayers tonight.  

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I returned to your post, because I've been thinking about it a lot since last night.  Sometimes it's just hard to imagine life going around you as if nothing has happened when you have just suffered a devastating loss.  

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful tribute for a wonderful angel. She was absolutely beautiful and I'm so sad she had to leave her wonderful home. She had a wonderful last day in the sunshine with you in your arms, I'm sure it comforted her greatly to be with the one she loved. We don't understand why something so precious and loved has to be taken away, it will remain forever a mystery. Bless you for hurting so bad by loving so much, take care of yourself and surround yourself with supportive people, you need comfort at a time like this. I'll keep you in my prayers. RIP beautiful Ripple!

jil05

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry for your loss. What an absolutely beautiful cat.
You are in my thoughts and prayers. RIP Ripple

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angela1573

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I still can't believe my sweet Ripple is gone. I can still see her face and hear her hoarse little voice. Poor thing. I wish so much that I could have saved her.

adrianna25

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh Angela1563 I am so very sorry to hear of your kitties passing. That is absolutely horrifying and heartbreaking. I am praying for you and your little Ripple. Rest assured that she is safe and happy and playing today with all the other special kitties up there.

Three months ago I lost my boy domi and I was so afraid that I would have him with me as he went to sleep. I wanted him home with me to pass but I wouldn't be able to handle if he jumped or did anything. I believe that he had a stroke and I decided to put him to sleep so that he could rest. Losing a pet is definitely one of the hardest things I have ever had to deal with as well. His brother crossed the bridge in January 2013. They were both old boys at ages 16 & 17 years old.

Sending you hugs.

littlefluffytab

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Your story is heart breaking. I can totally sympathize. And I feel exactly how you feel right now. I am sending you a huge hug right now sweetie

angela1573

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow, it will be a month since I lost my little love.

I stopped at the vet clinic to ask about her ashes because I took her to be cremated on the 9th of June and it's now July 7th. I felt like it was taking too long and I was concerned they disposed of her ashes. They told me it would be a couple of weeks because there were others ahead of me. Today, the gal at the desk told me that it's been too wet and rainy for them to get the incinerator started and keep it going because it's outside. Then she said, "Not to be blunt but, the process is started but it just isn't finished yet". At first I was like "Yeah Ok" but I'm home and thinking about it, and now I'm concerned. Was she saying that my baby is halfway incinerated but not all the way? Is she laying there rotting in the heat and humidity of the machine? Is that what she is saying to me??? Surely not. I think I need to call back.

adrianna25

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh dear Angela I am so very sorry to hear about that. Brings tears to my eyes too. [emoji]128575[/emoji] Honestly I can't even think about them doing that to my boy. I lost him April 7 and couldn't even imagine him being cremated. I find it so upsetting but I understand why ppl do it. My vets office told me that they keep the animal very cold before they do the procedure. That's all I can say cause it hurts me too. But definitely give them a call.

Hugs for you.

angela1573

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have Ripple's ashes home with me now. It still stings of bitterness since she has passed.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only thing that can bring you any measure of comfort is the thought that Ripple's soul left her precious body and is safely lodged in your heart. No matter what was done to her earthly body, she was not there but with you. She knew she was loved by you and loved you in return, try not to dwell on her death but celebrate the love you shared. It takes along time to heal a broken heart, but all we have is time. Please take care of yourself, I'll pray for your precious Ripple, she was a beautiful, innocent soul.

glencatman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I feel your pain. She looks a bit like the one I lost to cancer two days ago. My heart goes out to you!