Rip Sera

HeatherG86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
With heavy heart we just had our baby put down. I want to thank everyone for the advice with her asthma and those who directed us to the diabetes forum. Unfortunately her lungs had fluid around them and she no longer had the fight in her. So we chose to end her suffering. It was peaceful and quick. She even purred for me. My husband heart and mine are heavy.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There comes a time when the suffering outweighs any joy in living anymore. It is up to us to stop the pain through the strength of our love.
Her purring tells you she was content, she was comforting herself as much as you were. you were there for her and she thanks you.
the bond you formed with taht precious girl will be with you forever, she leaves behind a legacy of love and happiness. Don't make her death more important than that, all those should haves, could haves, change nothing and bring only heartache. Let her love grow in the sunshine of life, send her thoughts and prayers of thankfulness ,of having known her, of having shared your life's journey with her for a little while. Though she now follows a new path, she will always be near, she will always send you her love and leave you with the memories of her love for you both. She would never want to bring such sadness into your world, she loves you too much for that, just as you love her too much too to want anything to cause her pain if you were the first to go.
It hurts, it hurts bad when they leave us. It takes a long time to heal a broken heart, and it always leaves a scar behind to remind us. I pray your memories of happier times will bring you comfort, I'll keep you both all in my thoughts and prayers.......RIP sweet Sera. You will never be forgotten, you will forever have a secure place in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Some say life is like a room, 2 doors: one to enter the room and another to exit. Outside the room there is an wonderful world, colorful, sunshine and plenty of things to play with.

When we leave the room, we are sad, because we do not remember how wonderful is the world outside. And the ones remained in the room cry because they do not know how wonderful is world we return to.

My tears to Caring Human and wishes of joyful, playful time for Sera the Cat in the wonderful world of her home-cloud!

missy&spikesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear of your dear, dear Sera. You have some wonderful and kind posting replies here from the wonderful posters at the cat site. I know your heart is so heavy and your dear little kitty is suffering no more. Her last purrs were her way of letting you know she knew how much you loved her and will continue to love her. Wishing you so much comfort in your sadness.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HeatherG86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone for the kind replies. It means the world to me.
So far the 2 cats she left behind are doing alright. They still eat and still are affectionate. Oddly enough Im noticing different things.

So Sera was my ottoman cat. Meaning she always wanted to sleep on the ottoman and I would pull it super close to the side of the sofa and she would stretch her paws out to always touch my arm. This is where she was happiest. We would binge netflix late at night when I was on a graveyard rotation. This was our special alone time. While the dogs and the cats would be in bed with my husband.

Well I am on graveyard right now. Which is extra hard on me. Because this was our time. My sweet husband has been setting up camp on the living room floor and staying with me every night Im off work to make sure I didn't feel alone. But this is where it gets interesting.

Zuki whom is a year younger then Sera has taken it upon herself to be the ottoman cat. Keep in mind Zuki is my husbands cat in every aspect. She lives and breathes for him just as Sera did for me. But through this grief she seems to know exactly what I need and won't leave my side through all of this.

Then theres our big idiot Remy. Hes pretty independent. Hes that kinda cat that wants love on his terms otherwise hes content in his cat tower watching out the window. Even Remy is staying close to me. And hes extra talkative and affectionate. Sadly we have noticed him searching for her. And it breaks my heart.

I have also had moments where I think I saw her from the corner of my eye. Its comforting and heart breaking all at once.This has been a huge emotional rollercoaster for us. For me it feels like I lost the love of my life and I feel so empty without her. I know it will get easier but damn it hurts so much guys

HeatherG86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It has been 1 week since we lost our angel. Remy and Zuki have been amazing. Spending more time with us and laying in spots she normally occupied. Deep down it feels like this is a msg sent from her. Almost as if she is saying "watch over them for me" I am confident I am reaching the acceptance phase.

I'd also like to announce we decided to open our hearts to a little baby. She is almost 4 weeks old and will be coming home on December 11th. We knew the moment we met her she was the one. It warms my heart to welcome a new precious soul. As they sale the hole will always be there but your heart will become bigger.

Below is a photo of Remy and Zuki hanging out on the heating blanket and a picture of. Baby Willow

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sera, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

What a lovely way to honor Sera, by bringing Willow into your home! I am certain that Sera approves, and will walk beside her, and you, always.

HeatherG86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow it has been a whole year. A long long long year. The pain has become manageable, I still cry here and there. I like to say we are doing better, my husband and the cats. We since welcomed a new girl into the fold as seen above. Willow. Boy of boy is she a hoot. She has helped in so many ways with the grief. She has bridged a gap between the pets I didn't even knew existed. She is that kind of cat that loves everyone and every animal.

Once again thank you all so much for the love and support. Rereading these msgs have brought so much love joy and tears. Thank you

Below is Willow at 10 months of age. She has since celebrated her 1 year and a extra 5lbs of fur added

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful, sassy looking little girl! i'm sure she was sent to you to help with your pain, she will never replace that hole in your heart, but she will add to the love already there and help to fill the void in your life left by Sera's passing. Sera lives on thru you now, and is at peace knowing you are finding joy and happiness in your life once more. Just as she would always want for thw one she loves......I pray for many more joy filled years for you and yours, thank you so much for the update!

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's as beautiful as a jewel, indeed!
And she has a nice name too. Great to read you're enjoying the presence of a new kitty in your family. Yes, you'll never forget Sera, nad Willow won't replace her, but it will be a new gem on your hearts.