Rip Oscar

adventuregirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It was to soon for him to go, but he had a good life. I got Oscar from the humane society. He had 3 failed adoptions and was said to be a biter. He was purring in my arms the second I met him. He made it very clear he was going home with me. He was naughty ... always getting into everything and rambunctious. I started leash training him to give him outdoor stimulation. He loved it and was soon hiking and camping with me. He became a therapy cat to people with disabilities. He was meant to be with me. He brought me out of a serious depression and gave me joy again. He was only 7. RIP Oscar I'm sorry you're gone.
IMG_20190809_142020760_HDR.jpg

will2002

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Such a handsome gentleman he was! Sleep easy Oscar...you left your pawprints all over adventuregirl's heart, and they will be there till time disappears. You helped your human through some hard, difficult times in her life, and she loved you dearly. Can't do much better than that. Rest in peace beautiful boy.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry for your loss, he was a handsome boy. Thank you for taking him in when no one else wanted him.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry, you will see him again one day and it will be wonderful...I hope that your hearts heal a bit more each day, God Bless......:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am sorry for you that Oscar is gone. And, even though he was still young, it sounds like he lived a full life and not only enriched yours but others as well as a therapy cat. He failed 3 adoptions because he was meant to be with you and you with him. RIP sweet Oscar.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I have a difficult time coming to this thread but wanted to follow up from your other thread about adopting Oscar and his health issues. Please accept my sincere condolences and deepest regrets. :hugs: You went above and beyond to help Oscar and gave him the life he deserved. In return he helped you in a way that no human could have, i.e. unconditional love. :catlove: RIP sweet angel. :angel:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oscar was in your life for a reason, and he filled that empty spot in your soul very well........
Once in a lifetime that special little one will come along. The one that worms their way into your heart and demands you love him. You understood each other, the respect, the love is very apparent in your beautiful tribute to a boy that brought out the best in you. Although he was called to follow a new path, he will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers, the bond of love between you will never be broken. "Death cannot take that which never dies".....
The empty spot in your life right now will eventually be filled in time as you learn a new life's order without his physical presence. These first days, months, years, are draining, the love you shared is a personal, unique experience known to no other, your pain is equal to your love. With the help of those who can empathize, you will eventually find your way back to the joys of living, because you will realize in time that sweet Oscar loved life so much he would never want you miss out on one second of it. Just as you would want for him if you were the first to go. Send him thoughts of love and the joys in life, through you he lives and needs to know you are alright. Your love was meant to be, to have never had him in your life would be unthinkable. He thanks you for his world that was complete with you in it, and he welcomes your thoughts and prayers that will keep him alive in your precious memories. Let them bring you comfort. Do not dwell on his end, it changes nothing and makes it more important than his life. Instead feel blessed that you got to experience something that no one else ever will, Oscar's love.....
Take care, my prayers are with you in this time of sadness. Please know that your little boy will be thought of and prayed over by many because of your tribute to him, he deserves no less....RIP sweet Oscar. You will never be forgotten, you will forever have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Im am so sorry that oscar is over the bridge now :( He looks like a sweet boy and has beautiful eyes and is a handsome cat :( It is amazing how much a cat can help with depression my former cats helped me with that as well, so i know how you feel when you are completely feeling down right now and dont have oscar with you, its like a massive hole and emptiness in your heart. It will take time to heal, just take time with your emotions let yourself feel it, holding the emotions in will ill you. It is normal to feel depressed, upset and cry when your budddie passes away. Just remember oscar by taking time for yourself to remember him, with photos, videos, thinking about him and view all the good memories you have and remember of him .

I am sorry once again, its never an easy thing to go through.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adventuregirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
IMG_20190911_162507744_HDR.jpg
I planted a yellow rose on Oscar's grave. It describes him well. Thank you everyone for your kind words. I am hurting, but determined to not let his passing cause me to go back into depression. He brought me joy and I will hang on to it and keep loving life.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am hurting, but determined to not let his passing cause me to go back into depression. He brought me joy and I will hang on to it and keep loving life.
There you go! I can see Oscar smiling down on you from kitty heaven, just as he is smiling in that photo! Hang in there! You can go through this.

My thoughts and prayers..

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Talk to him like you used to, he's near in spirit. He can still help you by listening and thinking of his calm presence. He helped you then he can continue to help you now. That will never change....

kosame

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful boy, with a beautiful soul.
Rest in Peace, Oscar.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Oscar, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

Too soon, too soon gone. However, where there is love, an eternity is not long enough. This is the Deepest Truth that I know...love does not die, it changes form and continues on, still Love. And Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides. The best part of Oscar, his love for you, is now translated and purified into Love, and is with you still. Always. Forever.