RIP Neka! ="(

brandy-neka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I put my baby Neka to sleep today, right now I'm heart broken and crying on and off frequently. Several weeks ago she started acting like she had a URI and the vet told me that if that's what she had it would be viral and more or less just to watch it. Then she started having a loss of appetite but I was still able to get her to eat so the vet said to watch that as well. We had just moved into a new house so they thought she was acting differently due to stress of a new place. Last saturday (Sept 1st) she threw up with some tuna I tried to tempt her with, took her to the emergency vet because of the suspected URI and her loss of appetite, and the throwing up - they more or less just said it was stress still and sent me on my way. Later that day she had labored breathing and it didn't make sense because she hadn't been running, so I took her back to the emergency vet and had them do a x-ray. She had fluid in her chest cavity and that's why she was having so many issues, they tapped her chest and she could breath easier. They also drew blood and did an ultra sound. Long story but ended up spending about 600.00 in tests. At first they thought it was FIP the wet kind obviously. Then when more of the test stuff came back they found out it was lymphoma. They put her on prednisone which really seemed to help this past week. But her breathing was getting worse because the fluid was coming back, she quit playing, she quit being able to get around easily without looking like an old arthritic cat, she wasn't able to poo easily because she needed her diaphragm to poo and that was too busy trying to help her breathe, and then this morning she was open mouth breathing and just seemed miserable. Also I think she was losing her eye sight because she was having trouble seeing things up close, and her pupils were different dilations, one was bigger than the other. 

It's not fair, she was only 1 and a half years old, she was so loving and affectionate! But I will meet her and my other cat Spunky that died 6 years ago  on Rainbow Bridge someday. Until then they will take care of each other and hopefully play together.  Her quality of life had deteriorated rapidly, she's in a better place now, of course right now I'm in a heart broken, grieving, and mad at God place at the moment but I know from experience that it will dim... it never goes away but it will dim with time.. 

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am just so so so so so so sorry. I am not sure what else to say, except, my heart goes out you. I did send you a PM. Again, I am just so so so so so so sorry!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brandy-neka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am just so so so so so so sorry. I am not sure what else to say, except, my heart goes out you. I did send you a PM. Again, I am just so so so so so so sorry!
It doesn't show a pm or wall note but it's okay... thanks hun (hugs)

Edit: Never mind just got the pm notification. 

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH I am SOOO very sorry, hun. My heart goes out to you today. :heart3: Your :rbheart: Neka was a very special little girl. I am sad for you great loss.:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Fly Freely :rbheart: Neka :rbheart: You will be missed... :angel3: