RIP my handsome Ghost

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ghost went missing 2 weeks ago today. I posted signs and walked the road looking for him. Last night I found him close to the neighbors house. He had been hit by a car. I sat with him there on the side of the road for almost 2 hours before I could make myself leave him. He was my companion cat for the past 3 years.

I love you my Ghostess with the Mostess. I pray you didn't suffer because I didn't look far enough for you. I pray you will find George and Raven across the Rainbow Bridge. I will see you soon.                 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry, it Sounds like he was loved quite a bit
Yes he was and will always be loved more than life. He was the "man" in my life for the past 3 years. It's hard not having him there. He was my constant companion, couch buddy and bed partner.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry that you had to lose him this way. How tragic.
   I have no doubt that George and Raven stopped by to accompany and guide him on his journey over the bridge.  He loved you just as much as you loved him and you will see him again one day. Please don't blame yourself for his death. You don't know how far he had wandered when you went to look for him. As much as we wish things like this didn't happen, unfortunately they do. He wouldn't want you to torment yourself over his passing. 

pharber-murphy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry that you lost Ghost in such a tragic accident. I'm sure he's frolicking on the other side of the bridge with George and Raven, and they're all three waiting for you.

My condolences on your sad loss. I send my best wishes for only fond memories of your happy moments together.

Best regards.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you all for your kind words. It's great to be around people that know and understand my pain and heartache. I loved having these 3 wonderful boys in my life and I know they will all be waiting for me across the Rainbow Bridge. I have given each of them a piece of my heart so they will know when I get there. 

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This made me cry.  I voted for your beautiful boy in the paws picture contest just minutes before seeing this post.  I am so sorry for your loss.

riley1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss of Ghost & the very shocking way you found him.  I now exactly what you mean about his being your couch buddy, companion & bed partner.  My little guy was all those things to me as well.  I do not speak of our loved ones in the past tense because they are right here beside us.  Yes, off playing & having fun but checking in with you daily.  He is a very beautiful boy!  Take care, we are here for you.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so very sorry for your tragic loss. Please try to remember that it was a horrible accident, he was outside enjoying his freedom,doing something he loved that made him happy. My heart goes out to you,I know of the heartache of finding your loved one like this, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. The telling of your story will release a little of the pain, know we all care and understand on this site. We are all one big family here joined together by our love of cats. Please accept my sincere condolences, take care ......... RIP beautiful Ghost, you were greatly loved and will never be forgotten! 

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I am so sorry for your loss of Ghost & the very shocking way you found him.  I now exactly what you mean about his being your couch buddy, companion & bed partner.  My little guy was all those things to me as well.  I do not speak of our loved ones in the past tense because they are right here beside us.  Yes, off playing & having fun but checking in with you daily.  He is a very beautiful boy!  Take care, we are here for you.
I know he was trying to tell me where he was for the first week, I dreamed about him every night. He kept wanting me to follow him but I was just so happy to see him in my dreams, I didn't listen to him. I will always have a part of him with me and I know he is roaming happily in the meadows across the Rainbow Bridge.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
My heart goes out to you as you dream of Ghost and miss the physical presence of such a close friend.  He is so beautiful and always so engaging and busy looking in your photographs - and sparkly clean!   Such a lovely coat.

It is good to think of him running with his friends across the bridge, and to know they all have pieces of your heart so you will all be able to find each other again.   Don't tell your self off for not listening to him in your dreams, I am sure he would not have wanted you to feel sad or guilty.  Who knows what messages he may have been trying to give you; perhaps he was simply telling you he was still close and will always be in your life.  

riley1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I mentioned to a friend that my Rizzo had not walked on my bed for several weeks.  Last night I felt a cat jump up on the bed, walk toward my legs, make exaggerate grooming motions & then lay down.  I was so sure it was my new cat until I went to pet her & there was no one there.  He used to spring up onto the bed quite lightly.  Now he wants to make sure I notice.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so, so sorry to hear this. Ghost was a lovely cat, I didn't even realise he had gone missing. How awful for you to find him like that.

I know it's not much to be thankful for, but at least you know what happened and don't have to worry about him being lost any more. I used to dream about my cat George all the time when he went missing. Then one night I had a dream where George was playing with his kittenhood friend Zebedee, who had died a few years earlier. I realised it was his way of telling me he wasn't coming home but that he was OK.

Rest In Peace beautiful Ghost.

annie61

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My heartfelt love. [emoji]10084[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji]

annie61

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
One of my Lil babies is still struggling, I know if she doesn't make it Ghost will be at the rainbow Bridge to greet her. [emoji]10084[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji]

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry on the loss of your Ghost.  It's never easy, no matter what age our animals pass on from us.  That special bond cannot be broken.  RIP Ghost, and watch over kntrygrl256.

checkers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@kntrygrl256, I have just discovered this thread. You knew I'd found out about your loss of Ghost via my thread but hadn't realised you'd created this one until just now.  Such comforting messages from other forum members. I know the pain you are suffering having been there a few times in my life with my beloved furry family members. The pain is still so fresh, but it will ease as it's replaced bit by bit by your beautiful memories of your precious Ghost. You gave him so much support and love, and he loved you back and gave you just as much. No words can stop the pain, but know you gave him a wonderful life he would not otherwise have had. He has no pain now and is at peace. You have my total support, understanding and sympathy.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
@kntrygrl256  - I am so sorry for your loss.  I almost felt I knew (and loved!) Ghost a little because of your postings.  I am not Catholic, but didn't a pope say that pets would be in heaven?  That is my fondest dream, to be reunited with the animals I love.  I'm sure Ghost will be waiting for you when you cross that bridge.

Last edited: